Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the back of my car up on jackstands and the front was still touching. well I started the car and accidentally left the parking brake on while i let the tires spin to check out a rear end problem. Well to cut to the chase when I started the car my abs light stays on now. Anybody know why! or how to get it off. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Maybe a wheel sensor was damaged or something while it was up. If nothing seems out of the ordinary, reset the computer and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the same problem. I reset the computer but it still comes back... After I am done with my suspension work, I am gonna see if it is a ABS Sensor (which is likely.) I will let you know if the work is easy. Hopefully it is.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had that happen to me twice. Both times the light dissapeared after having to jam on the brakes to do a hard stop.
I know it sounds silly, but find and empty road and try a hard stop from at least 30 or 40 mph. It may be that when the ABS gets activated, it resets the light.
( I dont know sh!t about brakes, sensors, ABS or any mechanical thing for that matter; I'm just telling you what happened to me. Maybe someone that knows better will chime in).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually, I just went and played with the car a little bit. It is very easy to do, I just removed my fender well cover and the line is right there. If you have a ABS Diagnostic Tool, it would be very simple to diagnose which sensor is bad or what is bad and then you can access the sensors easily.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i had abs light problem in my 96 gt during the winter, i took the car up to high speed (100-120) and the light turned off
(it only came on as soon as i started to move, as soon as the car moved it came on)
^what about you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine comes on at 50MPH

Mine comes on every time I reach 50 MPH and stays on until I turn the car off! Anybody have any ideas why this is happening?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2000 Mustang GT and this same thing happened to me...my abs light came on and stayed on..I still havnt gotten it fixed..It only comes on very other day though. I think I might have damaged a wheel senser after hiting a pot hole at 60.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.