Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mustang friends, just wondering if anyone knows if a used Ford Abs Module can be installed and reprogrammed ? And also how to do it ?
Looks like my Abs module that talks to the computer (not Hydralic part) is not working which throws a "trac control" light on the dash and button.. However interesting no Abs light.. But code is the Abs module.. A Ford Tech told me I can just replace the module part on the whole piece.. on mine it is part # 7R33-2C353-AD (TC) Ford has since discontinued this from the dealer, you can not buy new! I found several from the junk yard around here and on eBay.. However my ford tech guy said it might have stored previous information of car..
Can you reprogram? and how ? Junk yard says they sell many of these so they think must be easy way to reprogram to my car.. Is that true? Thanks for all the help and info

sorry its a 2008 Bullitt Mustang..

·
Super Moderator
4,491 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
832 Posts
This may be of help. You can also email Brian at [email protected] to ask him about your situation.

Reactions: Cobrajet67

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hi mustang friends, just wondering if anyone knows if a used Ford Abs Module can be installed and reprogrammed ? And also how to do it ?
Looks like my Abs module that talks to the computer (not Hydralic part) is not working which throws a "trac control" light on the dash and button.. However interesting no Abs light.. But code is the Abs module.. A Ford Tech told me I can just replace the module part on the whole piece.. on mine it is part # 7R33-2C353-AD (TC) Ford has since discontinued this from the dealer, you can not buy new! I found several from the junk yard around here and on eBay.. However my ford tech guy said it might have stored previous information of car..
Can you reprogram? and how ? Junk yard says they sell many of these so they think must be easy way to reprogram to my car.. Is that true? Thanks for all the help and info

sorry its a 2008 Bullitt Mustang..
The module by itself is likely discontinued. They likely still make it as one part # with the hydraulic valve unit combined however which will obviously increase the cost. I know this is the situation on other older Ford models.
You can program an ABS module with a high end scanner. Idk if the dealer would do it though since it's a used brake part but a local shop probably would and if not then you can invest in a more expensive scan tool that has the ABS module programming capability. You need your old one connected to the car to get the program off of and then you unlplug it and plug in the new or used module. Idk if you have to erase the old program on the used module first before doing it but I saw a youtube video on this once that gave a tutorial.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The module by itself is likely discontinued. They likely still make it as one part # with the hydraulic valve unit combined however which will obviously increase the cost. I know this is the situation on other older Ford models.
You can program an ABS module with a high end scanner. Idk if the dealer would do it though since it's a used brake part but a local shop probably would and if not then you can invest in a more expensive scan tool that has the ABS module programming capability. You need your old one connected to the car to get the program off of and then you unlplug it and plug in the new or used module. Idk if you have to erase the old program on the used module first before doing it but I saw a youtube video on this once that gave a tutorial.
Great thank you! Are you able to send the youtube video link?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts