Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Country music fans out there? Remember who Billy Gilman is? One-hit-wonder at the ripe old age of 11. Saw a show on CMT this past weekend and I just wanted to puke! The little kid is now 16. The show was how he's trying to update his image and they were talking about how he's into cars and one of his greatest pleasures is driving his....you guessed it....2007 black/gold Shelby. 16 for crying out loud!!! Something just ain't right with this picture.... :sadcry:

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Well on that same note, I love LeAnne Rhimes, but I still disagree with her getting a Viper at the age of 16. Eithe rcar is just too much power for an inexperienced driver. It is amazing what money can do, heh?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mrvandermey said:
Well on that same note, I love LeAnne Rhimes, but I still disagree with her getting a Viper at the age of 16. Eithe rcar is just too much power for an inexperienced driver. It is amazing what money can do, heh?
No kidding! I just wonder what values their parents are actually teaching them by allowing it. You know they have no respect for the car (power and otherwise). Course if the parents didn't, the kids would just sue them or something, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Probably true. Nothing sucks worse than a 16 year old kid celebrity who thinks his/her money is his/hers. The problem is that legally speaking, anyone under 18 can not own anything. Therefore, legally speaking, the money a child celebrity makes actually does belong to the parents, hence why a few of the parents in histroy have totally screwed the child out his/her money (look and Gary Coleman of Diff'rnt Strokes). the the kid gets all butt hurt and sues the parent for emancipation, then he goes and buys himself an over powered toy cause he can. I just hope this Billy does not become another statisic where kid meets too much power.

N

·
0 Posts
yeah but when i was 16 i "stole" my dads vintage thunderbird for a joyride...so i have to say i envy the kid...which one of us at the that age wouldnt have killed for one of our own...he's livin one of my old dreams

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'd rather have my GT. More potential for us to build better vehicles than the GT500. I want to keep it forever, if I can, and maybe hand it down to my kids. But, by that time, I should've gotten to mod it up and it might be in the 400+ hp range, so I'm not sure if I'd do that. Prolly just get him a crappy Kia Rio or something.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Twister said:
that is not a waste of a car...this is a waste of a car...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/2079.shtml
Saw something VERY similar to that at the Arthritis Show in Dublin this past summer. Takes all kinds, I guess!

I'd rather have my GT. More potential for us to build better vehicles than the GT500. I want to keep it forever, if I can, and maybe hand it down to my kids. But, by that time, I should've gotten to mod it up and it might be in the 400+ hp range, so I'm not sure if I'd do that. Prolly just get him a crappy Kia Rio or something.
I get ya. Pretty sure I'm just 'selfish' enough to say 'hands off!' for the 2 Mustangs I currently have, but I'd be all for buying 'em a 'beater' v6 to mod. Might teach them a few values in regards to cost/money, time, etc. I know it meant more to me to work with my Dad on my 1st car and make it what I wanted. (although I did manage to wreck it a few times that first year - but then I had to help put it back together!!).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VintageV8 said:
"fordgrl99" - somewhere on these posts this morning I read about a guy who bought his 13 year old, who will be driving soon, an 06 convertible.
Ouch. Like I said before, takes all kinds. I'm pretty middle-class, so not 'poor' exactly, but I'm sure I can find better things to spend my $ on!! Just seems like if they're throwing it away, could they throw some my way?! :gringreen

N

·
0 Posts
VintageV8 said:
"fordgrl99" - somewhere on these posts this morning I read about a guy who bought his 13 year old, who will be driving soon, an 06 convertible.
now THATS a waste...by a 13 yr old a car? he or she she wont be driving for a few years at best...and i'm sure that they'll be a better car by then...or at least one that will be "cooler" for the kid

·
Registered
147 Posts
fordgrl99 said:
Any Country music fans out there? Remember who Billy Gilman is? One-hit-wonder at the ripe old age of 11. Saw a show on CMT this past weekend and I just wanted to puke! The little kid is now 16. The show was how he's trying to update his image and they were talking about how he's into cars and one of his greatest pleasures is driving his....you guessed it....2007 black/gold Shelby. 16 for crying out loud!!! Something just ain't right with this picture.... :sadcry:

Maybe it's only the Hertz Shelby. Those come in black and gold. I may be wrong, but I don't think the GT500 comes in that color combo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I sort of like how my situation worked out. I split cost on an 05 V6 when I was 16, which is enough horsepower for me, even at 18. I can drive this car until the engine wears out, and instead of buying a new car, I'll just drop a 5.0 cammer in. I'm not even going to waste money on performance mods for this car because of that. A tune might be the only thing I do.

·
Registered
636 Posts
SteveRunner said:
Maybe it's only the Hertz Shelby. Those come in black and gold. I may be wrong, but I don't think the GT500 comes in that color combo.
You are correct, at least from the dealer. When it's yours, I guess you can paint it any color you want.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Twister said:
that is not a waste of a car...this is a waste of a car...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/2079.shtml
What planet do these people come from? Was that car originally a coup and they hacksawed the top off? God, I hope they braced the undercarriage. I really like that go-cart roll-bar too. Gives the car that muscular look. A tribute to bad taste.

·
Registered
106 Posts
fordgrl99 said:
I was still riding the school bus until I graduated from HS:sosad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts