Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings... I have a 2006 GT on order. Should be here by x-mas. The wait is hard! I do have a question / observation... I recently had an opportunity to rent two different 2005 V6's on different occasions. Both of their Air Conditioners worked, but were very weak. They never seemed to really blow cold air. I was wondering if anyone has noticed the same?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an '05 GT and noticed the same thing as you, until I hit the Max A/C that is. Beats me why setting 4 in normal mode seems so weak (like it should be 3, maybe even 2)... but set it to max and get ready to put on that touque

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem was, it was on MAX... It's probably just isolated. Also, the MAX setting does recycle the cabin air and also tunrns up the fan another notch.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Vandil said:
Isn't MAX the only way the system recycles cabin air? Other wise it's constantly sucking in hot outside air.
Nope, you can set it to recirculate no mater where you have the fan and location dials set. Extra button down by the AC button.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My experience with the A/C on the GT (and I live in Florida) is great, especially when I get it on the highway. There's practically icecicles hanging from the roof. I can even turn off the max, and I stay pretty cool. I hate getting into my wife's Durango, which never seems to cool off.

·
Registered
708 Posts
66stang351 said:
Nope, you can set it to recirculate no mater where you have the fan and location dials set. Extra button down by the AC button.
Wonder if mines broke, that button will not light when the AC is on. Works fine with the AC off, but max is the only way to get the recirculate button to light on my ride.

hmmm.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Vandil said:
Wonder if mines broke, that button will not light when the AC is on. Works fine with the AC off, but max is the only way to get the recirculate button to light on my ride.

hmmm.
I have used mine on multiple settings and it works. The only wierd thing is if you have it on recirculate then switch to max and the later move the switch to another setting the recirculate turns off and I have to press the button again to turn it back on. It always comes on though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
AC output

I have a 2005 V6 and the AC works really well. The temp lately has been around 90 degrees and VERY humid. I put on the AC and activate the "recirculate" button (fan at #2) and the vents start blowing very cold air within 5 seconds or so. The entire cabin gets cool very quickly. I'm not sure why yours was so weak, maybe it needs a refrigerant "top-up".

·
Registered
99 Posts
im having problems with mine. 2 weeks after picking it up i had it in the shop to get the compressor replaced and the a/c clutch and a pulley. now the thing is making noise again like a valve opening every ten seconds or so. any of you hearing the same when the a/c is on.

2005 gt

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Ranger. A/C compressor kept kicking on and off every 5-10 seconds. The freon charge was low. Had a shop recharge it, and the problem went away. Now, the compressor kicks on every 30-45 seconds, like it used to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
even though i normally use the two windows down and 65/70 method when its under a 100 here in texas, my a/c works great. I've let my gt sit out in the sun and get pretty warm and i hop in turn it over to setting three on max and the whole cabin is ice cold in about 1 min and a half. Funny thing though when i picked it up from the dealer, I was told to always leave it on max because that was the a/c setting that was most effiecent. I understand that the setting automatically goes to recirculate the air but i thought it pretty odd that the max setting would be the most effiecent. Who knows it works great and gets so cold i have to flip the knob almost to warm once it gets going.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ac

I ordered a 2006 GT yesterday (Dec delivery, so says the sales manager) and test drove a gt on the lot...

I wanted to make sure before odering that
1- I could get comfortable in the drivers seat
2- It handled at speed
3- the AC worked well

all three points of interests met expectations... i was impressed with the AC, New Orleans is a hot/humid town and no car is worth the $ if the AC doesnt crank!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts