Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new here and new some help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee...

I have a 1996 Ford Mustang its 4.6.When i got it the ac didnt work well i have decided now to fix it, you can charge it up and it will stay for about 2 hours but never get real cold it will get cool,so i decided to take it and have dye ran through it i took it twice, each time they have told me it was not leaking anywhere they could find under a the hood.So could anyone please tell me what the problem maybe,Now im a girl so please dont send all the big words make it simple for me..Thank yall so very much im about to die without my air...:wavey

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Has anyone put some gauges on it to see what pressures it is running while it operates? If it is not leaking, the compressor might be bad. Is the clutch really working? Some diagnostics with a proper set of gauges will tell a lot. The static charge pressure (the pressure in the system when it has not been operating for some time) should be close to the ambient temperature (80 deg. should be something like 80 psi, give or take). Have some more testing done and get back to us.

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as i know the compressor is working fine and so is the clutch.You can put freon in it within like 2 hours or so its stops blowing out cold but if you put more in it will start again..Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You sound like my Son's girlfriend......:laugh:

Sorry, but it is pretty apparent that your system is leaking if you have to keep adding R134A to the system. Have they checked your condensor?
I would have to agree. The condenser and even the evaporator can leak. Sounds like you have a pretty large leak.

Sometimes, if it is a large leak, you can put nitrogen into the system and listen for where it is coming out. After that, fix it, install a new dryer, pull a vacuum on the system for a while and recharge and you should be good for a long time.

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.