Ford Mustang Forum banner

ac throwing hot air out on 07 v6 mustang

620 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bl817 
#1 ·
I checked the charge of the ac on the low pressure side and it said it was low. So I was only able to add a little and the gage said that it was full. Still have hot air coming out. I did notice that the ac compressor clutch was not engaging, the lines were still hot and there was a slight oil leak at the bottom of the cylinder that you hook up to for the low pressure port. That port is right on top of that cylinder. I don't know what that part is called. Also the fuses and relays seem to check out ok. So I'm not sure if the problem is with the compressor or the cylinder with that low pressure port. Any help is appreciated thank you.

#2 ·
only read the gauge on the ac bottle when the ac compressor is running or you may overcharge the system. that said, if its not coming on the something is wrong. low Freon, damaged ac comp clutch etc. ac guys should chime in to help more im sure. I just know that you point the needle on the gauge to the outside temp and then read gauge only when compressor is running/cycling and add accordingly. good luck and welcome to the forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.