Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Mustang and the car seems to want to accelerate when coming to a complete stop. Is this normal? I mean it feels like it wants to jump coming to a complete stop. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eltupac said:
I have a 2003 Mustang and the car seems to want to accelerate when coming to a complete stop. Is this normal? I mean it feels like it wants to jump coming to a complete stop. Thanks.
No, it's not normal. probably your TPS.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eltupac said:
Thanks but what is the TPS. Like TPS reports :happyhapp
Throttle Position Sensor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks again. Let me ask you. The car has 42,000 miles. I have done the regular maintenance in the car, such as air filter, PCV, fuel filter, trans filter & radiator flush, oil changes. The dealer said that tune-ups are every 80,000, is this right? I used to do tune ups every 24,000 miles. Can it be that these motorcraft sparks are that good? I will measure the voltage on the TPS, but to get that thing cleared about the tune up, is the dealer right? Also, what else should I do or check?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eltupac said:
Thanks again. Let me ask you. The car has 42,000 miles. I have done the regular maintenance in the car, such as air filter, PCV, fuel filter, trans filter & radiator flush, oil changes. The dealer said that tune-ups are every 80,000, is this right? I used to do tune ups every 24,000 miles. Can it be that these motorcraft sparks are that good? I will measure the voltage on the TPS, but to get that thing cleared about the tune up, is the dealer right? Also, what else should I do or check?
Actually, it's 100,000 miles, assuming you're using a synthetic blend.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eltupac said:
No I am not, I use regular Castrol.
yeah, the factory recommendation is semi-synth. it keeps the engine wear down, and the combustion chambers cleaner . . . you also get better mileage . . .

you can always check the plugs, but going by factory recommendations, the tune up isn't due till 100,000.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
100,000 miles on the plugs, pcv valves, and wires. 30,000 on the fuel filter and 10-30K on the air filter depending on where you drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.