Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can offer me some assistance. I live in Canada and my son goes to school in Tallahassee Florida. I gave him a 1992 Mustang 2.3 L to drive at school. Yesterday he called me and advised that the accelerator cable had broken on the car. We had it towed to the garage that he deals with and they told him that a cable is not available. We both have searched the internet but so far have not been able to locate one. Can anyone advise of a site that we can purchase a cable from? Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ebay, or a salvge yard. also try cjpony parts, they are located in pensylvania. go to cjponyparts.com, or call them at 1-800-888-6473. they have a full all mustang salvage yard and can get jut about anything for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just tell him to go down to the local ford dealer and ask for a throttle cable the carry them in stock. its prolly a 30 min. change if u know what your doing. if not your lookin at 50 min.

·
Registered
118 Posts
jimc409 said:
We have already tried the dealer and the aftermarket places and nobody has one. jc
has the dealer even attempted to locate one for you? they can search to see if someone else has one. check a junk yard, they also have a system to locate parts. seems like the folks there don't want to be very helpful. any ford parts guy or dealer employee here at AFM that can chime in with any helpful information? take the old cable to a parts store and see if you can find one that matches. not sure about it, but i would think that fox body stangs would use the same cable and as many of them that are still on the road someone would have the cable..
Jon

·
Registered
118 Posts
did some surfing and resto50 has one listed on thier website and it appears that one size fits all.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/lrs.aspx?ref=mu&gotopage=/content_50_home.aspx

[url="http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/images/thumbnails/9758a.jpg"]http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/images/thumbnails/9758a.jpg[/url] 1988-98 THROTTLE CABLE

stock number: CTP-9758
Your Price: $12.95
resto50's hours and phone number.
Mon-Thur 8:00am-6:00pm | Fri 8:00am-5:00pm | Sat 8:00am-2:00pm CT
400 Jan Dr. Hewitt TX 76643 - Toll Free 1-866-507-3786
Jon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jon....thanks so much for all of your help. I looked at that accelerator cable but it says that it's for GM. I checked for the Mustangs but they list everything other than the 2.3 L engine. I sent them a message asking if they can make any suggestions. I have searched everywhere here in Canada as well and nobody has one. jc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jon....I have a friend that owns a junk yard and he is going to search for the part tomorrow for me. You have been very helpful and I really appreciate that. If I don't have any luck finding a used part I will get my son to take the cable to some after market places to see if they can match something up. Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone that responded to my post. I eventually found a used cable at a auto wreckers and had it shipped to my son in Florida and the car is back on the road. FYI- That cable is not available anywhere in Canada or the USA. Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
have you tried a 5.0 cable? it shouldnt be any different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.