Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my 2008 Mustang V6 Lightly modified and as i was at a car show with my sister her mustang was getting way more attention than mine. now its understandable because its bright red and more modified than mine. But i feel like maybe mine is too bland. Silver/black look great together but im starting to think its getting possibly boring. I want to add a bright color to the mix. I have a few colors in mind. Red, Blue, or Orange. Im not sure what to pick. What ever color it is, i plan to just to add it in random places. Example: Caliper Covers, under the hood, interior (door welts), etc. So what color do you feel would look the best?

By the way, My interior color is the black/gray interior. Gray seats and carpet also.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Some new wheels might do the trick, These 2010 GT style wheels from American Muscle like I have are a nice choice ( Anthracite in color would go well with your stang )

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
To be honest your grey and black looks good especially with the stripe theme you have already. I agree with Rockin' that some new wheels would draw some attention to your car considering that you are running the factory wheels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I really like your car as is, but if you really wanted to do something to make your car stand out there are a few things you could do besides add a bright color because thats not always needed and mostly just a waste of money. One option you could do would be to go to 18" polished bullit rims, then you could if you wanted, buy the red brake calliper paint/covers whichever you want. This will deffinently make your car stand out ALOT more. OR, you could black out your car somewhat like your sisters, I love your stripes already but if you wanted to draw more attention you could blackout your front/ rear taillights, I don't if you have a black out pannel or not, but those are cheap and accent your car, you could purchase some black rims of any size, but make sure they have some chrome accent to them since your quarter louvers are already silver. Also I can't really tell from the picture you gave if your windows are dark tinted, but you could always tint those as well. And if you are thinking underhood styling, go with chrome, although its probably or is alot more expensive than painting red, the beauty makes up for the cost :shigrin.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The first thing I did was add chrome wheels to the car big hit at the car shows. You could also do agent 47 mirrors and new spoiler, the list could go on forever of things people look at. The thing is make a plan so your not just buying stuff.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks everyone for the ideas. I was planning originally doing just silver/chrome and black. Maybe I will just stick with it. Well I also havent even gotten near finished with the car so im still thinking of what to buy. I was even thinking of buying the 2010 Black Machined GT500 Wheels Replicas off of American Muscle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When I had my car painted, My painter decided to surprise me by painting my brake calipers red. I too have a Silver/gray color scheme and didn't want anything to do with bright color brakes. However, after he did it, I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS. It looks like a real show car now:yelpleased: I even painted the "GT" logo on my billet fuel door to match. Just a "little" splash of bright color can make a difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
dressing up the interior with chrome covers on the switches and also adding some flash to the headrests like a logo of some sort , the more personalized you make it the more people will want to look at it and point it out .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well unfortunately i cant afford new wheels or tires with my paycheck so i will stick to the basics. I have been slowly adding interior chrome accents. Im probably going to get the headrests with the pony and some seat covers and the arm rest covers.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Say NO to Pin stripes your car looks great with the existing stripes, Definitely needs rims and I strongly recommend black chrome. I put them on my 6 and totally changes the look of the car. If you look around you can find good deals.

BTW, If you haven't already go to www.silvermustangs.com and register your car for free.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have never really been a fan of Silver or White because (now this is just my opinion) it lacks personality and attitude. If I am at a show, I will skip Silver or White cars 95% of the time. So you will have to find another way to catch the eye (unless you want to put out some major money for an amazing paint job).

Things to remember...
1. Bright colors will always catch your eye. The eye is naturally attracted to the color red. My friend and I drive around in our plain run of the mill red Mustangs and we get all kinds of looks.

2. Do let your car to become tacky or cluttered. Be careful with what you chrome. Too much will cause the car to look "busy" and will just become ugly. A chrome accent here and there is great, but don't try to chrome everything you can get your hands on, it will just look like you are trying too hard.

3. Pick a theme and stick with it. There are always people who will mix and match themes and it never really works. Decide right now what direction you want to go in (ie. Old School or New Age) and stick with it. If you can't decide, then don't do anything because it will cost you twice as much to change your mind.

I hope this helps you out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Carry the black around the car, it makes a big difference. The only accents I have are red calipers and sparkplug wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Color makes all the difference at car shows, especially if you don't have something that really sets your car apart from the other mustangs. Particularly when "old school" enthusiasts are running around voting on the newer model cars, they tend to ignore just about everything and go for the color they like.

That being said, I believe that wheels make the car, and while you can do some minor things to personalize your car, you are never going to stand out with stock dull aluminum wheels.

Now it may be that I am not a big fan of colored wheels, but in my opinion, dark (ie black chrome or anthracite or black or whatever) wheels only stand out on bright colored cars.. white, red, grabber blue, and yellow. Gray and silver, and particularly black cars, along with dark blue or green tend to get muted by dark wheels, adding to a stealth look, which is NOT what you want at a car show. I also believe that blacking out the lights on a darker colored car detracts from the show factor. You don't want to blend in, you want to stand out.

A big, bright chrome wheel looks very good on the silver, dark blue, and black cars. Add maybe a splash of color to the calipers and you will get a lot more attention. Personally, I don't mind the "bullets" look because it is a bit retro, but it seems everyone and their dog does it, and it is kinda boring. There are dozens of wheels available, and you don't have to shop only the mustang shops to find wheels for these cars. There are plenty of unique choices out there.

Since you are on a budget that doesn't allow wheels, however, there isn't much you can do. Paint the calipers, maybe do hood pins, and just keep it clean and shiny. Like I said, wheels make the car, and your wheels scream "V6".

Just my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.