Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i had a Buick G/N i used a software called Direct Scan to view and log data...

It gave me values for iac iat maf tps....that these should be within...

Is there any info as too pertinent values that i can reference for 2011-2014 5.0 Mustangs?

I tried looking in the search bar prior to this thread but could not find anything...

I hope i listed this post in the right area?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I'm gonna do you a favor and move this to the GT-Tech section, the guys over there mess with data logging they should be able to help u out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna do you a favor and move this to the GT-Tech section, the guys over there mess with data logging they should be able to help u out.
Thank you

·
Registered
397 Posts
When i had a Buick G/N i used a software called Direct Scan to view and log data...

It gave me values for iac iat maf tps....that these should be within...

Is there any info as too pertinent values that i can reference for 2011-2014 5.0 Mustangs?

I tried looking in the search bar prior to this thread but could not find anything...

I hope i listed this post in the right area?

Thanks
I'd be interested to know as well. Knock values too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be interested to know as well. Knock values too.
Thats one of my main concerns....my data logs are showing -3.53 as the max knock and i just need to know what is acceptable...
I was told recently that my gas was bad and so i switched from shell 93 v-power to sunoco 93 and the knock is still pretty much the same even after my tuner removed some timing-
Is -3.53 too much?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Negative is good, -3.5 means your car is adding timing (Positive means its taking it away) At least on the SCT devices this is the case.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Negative is good, -3.5 means your car is adding timing (Positive means its taking it away) At least on the SCT devices this is the case.
Really? Well i think that is good news then? I will go look at the logs again this time for the positive knock...i am such a rookie....
Thank you-

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After searching google it sent me back to this forum...

SCT Datalog "Knock Sensor" PID

Search this title.... Great info-

·
Registered
397 Posts
Good info. Guess I'll go check over some things.

So how does the spark advance correlate to the knock exactly? Still a bit confused there?

My ks shows a - 2.5 min and. 54 max. I've already been told by a tuner the gas I was using was bad.

My spark advance for said wot run was 6 min 38 max. Any ideas? Thx

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info. Guess I'll go check over some things.

So how does the spark advance correlate to the knock exactly? Still a bit confused there?

My ks shows a - 2.5 min and. 54 max. I've already been told by a tuner the gas I was using was bad.

My spark advance for said wot run was 6 min 38 max. Any ideas? Thx
I wish i could answer your questions but i'm still learning...Maybe someone else will explain for us...
All i can say is that i'm happy to know that -3.53 is a good thing and 1.75 k/r is a bad thing-
I will keep data logging every so often just to double check things-

·
Registered
66 Posts
If the knock sensors indicate knock(ping or pre-detonation), spark advance will retard to reduce/remove knock to prevent any possible engine damage.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the knock sensors indicate knock(ping or pre-detonation), spark advance will retard to reduce/remove knock to prevent any possible engine damage.
I have switched to Sunoco 93 and i am still getting upto 1.75 degrees of knock...how much knock is too much? Of course i know 0 is the goal-

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have switched to Sunoco 93 and i am still getting upto 1.75 degrees of knock...how much knock is too much? Of course i know 0 is the goal-

At this time of year, we are on winter blend fuel and the quality of fuel has worsened. Some knock showing up is nothing to be super concerned about. We have 2 knock sensors on top of the engine block and their purpose is precisely to protect the motor. So they will do their job as long as your tune doesnt monkey with them (most tuners nowadays dont mess with the knock sensor).

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I would venture to say that if you can't hear it it isn't severe enough to be doing any damage.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I would venture to say that if you can't hear it it isn't severe enough to be doing any damage.
If its only showing up as +2 on the knock sensor PID, you wont be hearing it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The problem is you have to know how to interrupt the PID information. There usually is a formula used to output the information in a way we can understand it. SCT does all of this built in (or Diablo or whoever else). Some of the generic ones will likely work, but the Ford specific PIDs you will need to try to figure out. It's not something normally shared by SCT or other companies because they have to do the R&D to figure out how to get this information.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts