Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing headers to install TW heads and I accidentally pulled the oil dipstick tube out. I know it just slides back in and bolts to the heads via header bolt but should it have a O-Ring on it because mine doesn't it looks like the previous owner put some silicone on it. Should I just clean the end off and shove it back in block or does it need a O-Ring or just silicone! Does anyone know the correct procedure to re-install it thanks.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I pulled mine out before, it has nothing on it, it doesnt leak, so Ive never given it a second thought,...I think its a tapered seal when pressed all the way in. Or its supposed to be snug enough so it doesnt leak.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
You don't need to put anything on it, just push it all the way back in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm gonna clean the silicone off and put it back in. I'll keep my eye on it and if it leaks I'll just coat it with silicone or something.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was removing headers to install TW heads and I accidentally pulled the oil dipstick tube out. I know it just slides back in and bolts to the heads via header bolt but should it have a O-Ring on it because mine doesn't it looks like the previous owner put some silicone on it. Should I just clean the end off and shove it back in block or does it need a O-Ring or just silicone! Does anyone know the correct procedure to re-install it thanks.
Just put it back in and put some silicone around it just to be sure it doesn't leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts