Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I purchased a 2007 mustang convertible in the us. It does not have daytime running lights which are required for import into Canada. How do I activate them in this vehicle? Thanks

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
daytime running lights for 2007 mustang convert

Hey, thanks for your help. I shall try to get that. Doesn't sound too difficult to install. Any others have experience with 2007 mustang convert. Anything I need to look out for in particular that could be problematic? I know many good features.
Wal789

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't believe you need a module. Any local Ford dealer should be able to flash the PCM and enable the DRL.:bigthumbsupAlthough it may cost more. I know Freedom Ford here in Edmonton does the import inspections and conversions so you could even just call them to ask what they do to activate the DRL's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi there. I purchased a 2007 mustang convertible in the us. It does not have daytime running lights which are required for import into Canada. How do I activate them in this vehicle? Thanks
Purchased my 06 in Conrad, Montana. Took the import number of the top of the import sheet and car back to dealer. They phoned the Ford hotline. Hooked up their laptop to the car and Ford told them what to program in and the DRLs came on. Didn't charge me. Watched it myself. Canadian dealers should be able to do the same thing, but sometimes they give you the run around because you bought the car in the US and saved yourself thousands of dollars.
Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.