Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Simply lock the car door with your key fob. To insure this, press the lock button again, the car's horn will beep once to let you know it's set.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read the manual and I do lock the doors, but it will not work. Are there any sensitivity settings to adjust that THE BOOK DOES NOT ADDRESS.

·
Registered
284 Posts
After you set the alarm how are you testing it?
Are you unlocking it with your key? If so that will
turn the alarm off.
Try leaving a window rolled down and after setting
the alarm reach in and open the door. If it does not
go off you may have a problem and you may need to visit
your local dealership.
Good Luck :cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
What Fred-Fred said. After you lock the car, I believe there is something like a 20 second delay before it arms.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Click the lock button on the fob once and the alarm will set (after a delay). Press it a second time and the horn will honk once just to let you know that its set. If the horn honks more than once then there's been a fault and the alarm has an issue (like an bad contact or an open door).

There are apparently no customizations offered with active alarm. Might be some changes available through the PCM but they're not well documented.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Last night a friend and I were sitting outside a pizza place, waiting for our order. I had the windows down, but the doors locked. He decided to put something into my car, so he reached in and set it on the seat. The alarm immediately went off! Guess this is a good way to test it! :happyhapp

·
Registered
134 Posts
Jerry,

See the attached files for how to program your alarm system.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pyrat said:
Jerry,

See the attached files for how to program your alarm system.
I dont believe These instructions are for the factory alarm, I posted this on the Factory alarm programming thread.

I think Zman isn't actually talking about the factory alarm, the factory alarm is the Active Anti-theft system, which does not include a shock sensor,programming button or led as his alarm clearly does. What I believe he is refering to is a dealer option.

With this said its apparent he doesn't know that he purchased a dealer install option and is referring to it as the Factory alarm, Why is this Stickied? This of course is confusing people that do know what they purchased, the Active Anti-Theft System which is the only factory alarm available, and as far as I know cannot be programmed to do anything the post originator says.

·
Registered
134 Posts
klous said:
I dont believe These instructions are for the factory alarm, I posted this on the Factory alarm programming thread.

I think Zman isn't actually talking about the factory alarm, the factory alarm is the Active Anti-theft system, which does not include a shock sensor,programming button or led as his alarm clearly does. What I believe he is refering to is a dealer option.

With this said its apparent he doesn't know that he purchased a dealer install option and is referring to it as the Factory alarm, Why is this Stickied? This of course is confusing people that do know what they purchased, the Active Anti-Theft System which is the only factory alarm available, and as far as I know cannot be programmed to do anything the post originator says.
Ford offers two "factory" alarm systems, The standard alarm system is the Securilock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) which does not have the perimeter, inclination and intrusion alarms. The optional Active Anti-Theft System (AATS) does have perimeter, inclination and intrusion alarms. The AATS system does have a LED located on the dash that flashes when the system is armed (not sure about PATS since I don't have it).

My dealer told me that the intrusion feature of the AATS was set to require higher impact at the factory so it would not be going off all the time. He, told me that it, was user programmable and that the amount of shock required to activate it could be adjusted by the user to his/her needs or desires.

Regarding the attached files, JerryP's question was "How do you get the active alarm to work?" The presumption on my part was that he had tried to activate it by bumping the car, as I did, and had not been able to get it to go off (slamming the door with AATS active did manage to set it off on my car). The attached files I got off the internet and they were reported to be programming instructions for the AATS.

I haven't got around to messing with the alarm system yet (too busy playing with my new XCAL2), so I haven't tried the instructions yet. However, you (Klaus) now have me wondering. I'll stop by the dealership and make sure these instructions are accurate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Passive antitheft system is not an Alarm as it will not sound an alarm for any reason, it is a AntiTheft system which prevents the car from starting if an unprogrammed key is attempted. There is only one Factory installed Alarm option this is the Active AntiTheft System

The AntiTheft led is on the Speedo/Instrument Cluster which blinks when the system is active, the owner manual confirms that this led blinks when the passive AntiTheft System is active, there is no seperate Active AntiTheft led. The instructions you posted came from the source of all this misinformation the Sticky: Factory alarm settings. post, which tells of a Program/Override button and led below the steering wheel, this program/override button is not part of the Active Anti-Theft System. The instructions referanced 2W7Z-16A901-AA are installation instructions for the Ford Dealer installed alarm.

Here is a link to the PDF http://www.gemsen.com/ford/04_05MY_ITRM_82504.pdf

I believe some people purchased possible a car not equiped with the factory alarm, aka Active AntiTheft, but the Dealer installed option instead, or possibly the Factory Active AntiTheft in addition to the Dealer installed option.

As far as Im aware the Active Anti-Theft system does not have an impact sensor, it offers only perimeter, inclination and intrusion alarms.

Pyrat said:
Ford offers two "factory" alarm systems, The standard alarm system is the Securilock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) which does not have the perimeter, inclination and intrusion alarms. The optional Active Anti-Theft System (AATS) does have perimeter, inclination and intrusion alarms. The AATS system does have a LED located on the dash that flashes when the system is armed (not sure about PATS since I don't have it).

My dealer told me that the intrusion feature of the AATS was set to require higher impact at the factory so it would not be going off all the time. He, told me that it, was user programmable and that the amount of shock required to activate it could be adjusted by the user to his/her needs or desires.

Regarding the attached files, JerryP's question was "How do you get the active alarm to work?" The presumption on my part was that he had tried to activate it by bumping the car, as I did, and had not been able to get it to go off (slamming the door with AATS active did manage to set it off on my car). The attached files I got off the internet and they were reported to be programming instructions for the AATS.

I haven't got around to messing with the alarm system yet (too busy playing with my new XCAL2), so I haven't tried the instructions yet. However, you (Klaus) now have me wondering. I'll stop by the dealership and make sure these instructions are accurate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
K, roger that on the LED. The way the dealership described the intrusion alarm was as if it was an impact sensor, designed to activate when, for example, a window was broken or the door slammed when the alarm was active. He did say it could be set to go off if someone just bumped the car though.

Thanks for the link to the PDF. It's much easier to deal with then the jpg files I used to create the Word doc.

klous said:
The only AntiTheft led is the one in the Speedo/Information Center which blinks when the system is active, I believe the passive AntiTheft System has the same led. The instructions you posted came from the source of all this misinformation the Sticky: Factory alarm settings. post, which tells of a Program/Override button and led below the steering wheel, this program/override button is not part of the Active Anti-Theft System. The instructions referanced 2W7Z-16A901-AA are installation instructions for the Ford Dealer installed alarm.

Here is a link to the PDF http://www.gemsen.com/ford/04_05MY_ITRM_82504.pdf

I believe some people purchased possible a car not equiped with the factory alarm, aka Active AntiTheft, but the Dealer installed option instead, or possibly the Factory Active AntiTheft in addition to the Dealer installed option.

As far as Im aware the Active Anti-Theft system does not have an impact sensor, it offers only perimeter, inclination and intrusion alarms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pyrat said:
K, roger that on the LED. The way the dealership described the intrusion alarm was as if it was an impact sensor, designed to activate when, for example, a window was broken or the door slammed when the alarm was active. He did say it could be set to go off if someone just bumped the car though.

Thanks for the link to the PDF. It's much easier to deal with then the jpg files I used to create the Word doc.
Someone breaking the window would activate the interior motion detector, as for the door slamming with the Active Antitheft system active, I don't believe it can be actived with a door open. Mine honks twice if the doors/trunk/hood is open when the TheftSystem is activated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
While I have all the Active Alarm experts in one place, I have a related question:

Mine has the factory Active Anti-Theft and its a convertible. My dash LED seems to come on just randomly. For example, I drive to the park with the top down and turn the engine off to eat lunch in the car. (I have not armed or locked anything, but the doors are still locked from their automatic thingy while driving.) A few minutes into lunch, the little picture of a lock starts blinking in the dash. Normal? I haven't set off the alarm this way, I can open the door, move around in the cabin, etc., and the little lock LED just keeps on blinking.

Example #2, I leave it unlocked a lot at home with the top up. When I come back to it a few minutes later, the little lock picture is blinking. But it doesn't go off when I open the door and get in.

I think the Active Anti-Theft IS actually working because I have set it off before. I had the top down, and used the remote to lock the car. When we got back to the car, my passenger reached in to press his manual unlock button, and the horn starts blowing/lights flashing. Also, we locked it on the Outer Banks Ferry this summer, and after the boat went over a big wave, the dang alarm started going off. :dunce: So its not totally defective.

Should I tell them about that when I take it in for its first oil change next Monday? Or is it normal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
SunBoss said:
While I have all the Active Alarm experts in one place, I have a related question:

Mine has the factory Active Anti-Theft and its a convertible. My dash LED seems to come on just randomly. For example, I drive to the park with the top down and turn the engine off to eat lunch in the car. (I have not armed or locked anything, but the doors are still locked from their automatic thingy while driving.) A few minutes into lunch, the little picture of a lock starts blinking in the dash. Normal? I haven't set off the alarm this way, I can open the door, move around in the cabin, etc., and the little lock LED just keeps on blinking.

Example #2, I leave it unlocked a lot at home with the top up. When I come back to it a few minutes later, the little lock picture is blinking. But it doesn't go off when I open the door and get in.

I think the Active Anti-Theft IS actually working because I have set it off before. I had the top down, and used the remote to lock the car. When we got back to the car, my passenger reached in to press his manual unlock button, and the horn starts blowing/lights flashing. Also, we locked it on the Outer Banks Ferry this summer, and after the boat went over a big wave, the dang alarm started going off. :dunce: So its not totally defective.

Should I tell them about that when I take it in for its first oil change next Monday? Or is it normal?
This is normal, The light is for the passive antitheft system. The light blinking indicates the system is active.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sunboss

SunBoss said:
A few minutes into lunch, the little picture of a lock starts blinking in the dash. Normal? I haven't set off the alarm this way, I can open the door, move around in the cabin, etc., and the little lock LED just keeps on blinking.
This is normal operation. That little indicator is the passive anti-theft indicator. It works in conjuction with the little microchip embedded in your ignition key. It is there basically to warn would-be thieves that they will have a tough time starting your vehicle. :)

SunBoss said:
Yep. That's the way it works. Unless you lock your ride with the key or the fob, the ACTIVE anti-theft will not arm.

SunBoss said:
Only if you want them to look at you with the "where did this guy come from?" face. :rolleyes: Your two anti-theft systems are working just fine. :wavey

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks y'all! I've never had a vehicle with anti-theft of any sort before. I ordered my 98 Tacoma without it, the one I test drove was just annoying - I set the alarm off in the parking lot by unlocking it with the key. :rolleyes: I figure its always protected by Smith & Wesson anyway... :evillol:

G

·
If you have windows down and open your door from inside while fob-locked, you get the sirens. The neat thing is the message center gives you a "security event occured" which then forces you to manually clear it.

I really haven't delved deep into mine yet but, it seems to be ok at stock settings.

G

·
R3dF1r3 said:
If you have windows down and open your door from inside while fob-locked, you get the sirens. The neat thing is the message center gives you a "security event occured" which then forces you to manually clear it. I really haven't delved deep into mine yet but, it seems to be ok at stock settings.
Hmm... I locked mine with the drivers side window down with the little lock button on the key fob... then reached inside and opened the door from the inside & nothing happened. Tried it a couple times actually. I was thinking it should have set the alarm off & was trying to figure out if somehow the factory missed installing the active alarm, so I got in & found the window sticker. Sure enough, its listed. Also saw a listing for engine block heater, so I thought I'd pop the hood open to have a looksee & when I did that, away went the horn a honkin. Later I tried rocking the vehicle, but as it was on an incline, was a touch difficult. Didnt manage to set anything off doing that. I'll have to play with it more. I found the manual to be a bit lacking in its info on the active alarm.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts