Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM be installed from the dealer ?

My car did not have this option installed from factory so I would like to install it now.

Need your inputs...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dineau said:
Can the ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM be installed from the dealer ?
There seem to be mixed reviews about this. Installing the Active Anti-Theft seems to require a lot of installation and configuration. I've heard some stories on other forums that dealerships were unwilling (or unable) to do this sort of detailed installation. Personally I'm thinking that for the time and money required it might be prudent to consider going after-market instead.

Why not consider a high end after-market system like a Viper or Clifford Matrix instead?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dont try it, i had a professional installer install the factory ford system in my mustang. Nothing but trouble. When i first got it, it would be in my garage and go off out of nowhere. That took a week to fix. Next, everytime you got in and out of the car, you would hear an annoying buzz in the dash out of nowhere. Next, If you stay in the car with the key in the ignition, but not on and you lock the doors from the door (Not the keypad) the alarm will sound out of nowhere. Next, if you close the trunk with the alarm armed, it sounds the alarm and has something where no matter whether you unlock the car or anything, it will not turn off. The only way to turn it off is to set it into VALET MODE which disarms everything. Also, no global window feature. If i had to do it again, Id keep my 300 bucks and buty something better. The only reason I did this is because the car I had ordered off a lot in Pittsburgh, as the car jockey had left from Philadelphia and was driving for about 4 hours (6 hrs to Pitt, from Phila) he got a call on his cellphone that the dealership in Pittsburgh smashed the car and gashed the door. The jockey turned around and had to go to NY to get the car. They were doing a dealer swap. The only difference in the 2 cars was that the one in Pittsburgh had the alarm whereas the one in NY didnt. I still accepted the car and figured alarm isnt a big deal. Well, I was wrong. DO NOT INSTALL THE ALARM!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just took delivery of a 05 Mustanp with Active Alarm from factory. How do you active this system? Pushing valet button doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
208 Posts
jkeng said:
Just took delivery of a 05 Mustanp with Active Alarm from factory. How do you active this system? Pushing valet button doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks
John
To activate the Active AntiThieft System just lock the car with the key fob. When you push the lock button on the key fob, the parking lights will flash once. If you press the lock button on the key fob again, it will churp the horn. If the car is locked (AAT armed) and the trunk button is pressed, it disarmes the door/trunk alarm until the trunk lid is closed.

More information about the AAT system can be found in the Owners Manual.

Good luck and have fun with your new toy!!

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for replying but I guess I wasn't clear with my problem. The alarm is behaving like it's in the valet mode. I do get lights to flash when pressing arm button once and horn beep when pressed a second time. The problem is that I can't get alarm to go off when I open the door with the window open. Waving my hand inside the car doesn't set the motion sensor off either.

Thank again,
John

·
Registered
256 Posts
if that still doesnt work you will need to put the key in the ingition and turn it to the last click before it starts up and repeat 3 times so 3 fast turns of the key should do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
fitch615 said:
if that still doesnt work you will need to put the key in the ingition and turn it to the last click before it starts up and repeat 3 times so 3 fast turns of the key should do it.
Just tried it and it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't know where you live, but here in NY most people just ignore car alarms when they are going off (as we've seen on this forum, there are false alarms frequently).

I decided that if I am say in the mall or somewhere all day, and the alarm goes off, I won't know at the time, and probably no one will call the police either. Alarms can be defeated. I had Lo-Jack installed, with an early warning system. This means that if my car is moved, or changes plane (like a tow-away theft) I will get a call on my cell phone, an e-mail and a call at home notifying me within 15min to an hour. I can then check on the car, and if it is gone, I call the police and have them activate Lo-Jack. Most cars stolen with Lo-Jack are returned within 24hrs, with little or no damage. There is no advertising of Lo-jack and no paperwork in the car, so the unsuspecting thief has no idea he is being tracked. If a pro thief wants your car, he will know how to defeat the alarm. My brother's MR2 was stolen right out of his driveway (it was a nice neighborhood too). He had an after-market alarm installed just days before.

2005 GT Premium Torch Red
GT350 Side Rocker Stripes
Wheel Locks
Bullit Wheels
IUP Charcoal with Shaker 500

·
Registered
18 Posts
JKENG,

I have the same issue. I have '06 GT Convertible and I did all the common sense tests you could to do try to trip off the alarm.

I don't think my motion sensor is working or not activated even though I bought the extra Active Anti Theft System instead of just have the stock Passive Alarm System.

Can anyone help me that knows why it is not activate or something of that matter???

FYI, please don't get confused between the stock alarm system (Passive Alarm System) with the optional addition of the Active Anti-Theft Alarm System.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts