Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
AVG. Mileage

We have had the 2018 EcoBoost almost a month. I averaged 31 mpg when the grandkids were with us and the wife hauled them around in the F150 SCrew. I drive 13 miles one way to work on a tollway at 75 to 80, she drives about 5 miles farther on the same road and gets 28.8 to 29 mpg.. So she must be hammering the pedal getting to the toll road.

·
Registered
1967 Mercury Cougar XR7
2,733 Posts
Ford's mileage calculators are a little screwy if you don't reset the trip odometer. My dad's Focus claimed it was getting something near 60 mpg @80mph, when I drove it out to California, through Utah, and back to Kansas. I didn't reset it for about 3000+ miles, and on the last part of the trip, that little mileage counter got pretty optimistic. I could see my mileage numbers going up sometimes by 1 mpg at a time as I came down into Kansas from Colorado. Good thing it wasn't accurate - I'd have had to stop and drain off some gasoline just to get home!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I average 30-31 overall. That is probably mostly highway. I am retired and do not drive a lot, nor do I drive very aggressively....most of the time.

That's a 2019 EB Premium, AT.

UPDATE: after installing an MRBP Street cat-back exhaust and passing 4,000 miles on the odometer. I am getting 34 mpg now. That is "car-calculated", not manually calculated. I usually drive without quick acceleration, and most of those miles are highway miles. Very, very pleased with the MPG on this car.

Doug

21 - 23 of 23 Posts