Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the summer a kid i know kept braging on his new acura its fast man its fast i can take your mustang anyday. this went on for a while until he started in on the ford world its self. so i told him the we would race that weekend. i met him in town and he said we were gonna run the strairt shot out of town. awsome i though i live out that way i drag that all the time. so the we get down to it. he gets it good off the line my tires just wouldnt hook up but i get beside him quick then when i got third i just kept pulling away until i hit the quarter mark. i was running about 125-130mph and i let off thinkin he was done nope he blew right past me it wnded up turning into a road race remember its the road i live on i caught bach up to him and dominated his little acura. part of the road i passes 150mph and i couldnt even see him behind me. when i stoped and he pulled over you couls smell his clutch and brakes like no other. funny funny. i acctually threw some weights off my tires. it was alot of fun that night he hasnt said a thing about his Acura being fast since.

-----------------------------------
1988 mustang GT 5.0 5 speed

·
Registered
50 Posts
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
Just wondering, how did u know u was going 150mph or even 125 - 130 mph?
I think the 150mph estimate is either wishful thinking or a miscalibrated speedo. I can't find anything that says the top speed was greater than about 145mph when new. Let's wait and see what kind of mods he has.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i think i read somewhere that the 87+ fox could do like 147. it was being compared to an iroc camaro. thats with the 2.73 rear end though. and no you wouldnt know you were goin that fast unless you have someone with an accurate speedo that even goes up that high pacing you, or gps or somthing like that. (stock speedo goes to 85) oh well however fast you were goin it was probably fun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had an 86 5.0 LX Coupe that was a special service stang (state patrol) and the speedo read 140. It had also been tracked up to 110 (had paperwork anyway) stating how accurate the speedo was, I think the radar gun read 108 when the speedo read 110 if I remember correctly..

$0.02

·
Registered
136 Posts
Real speedo fun after 4.10's before the tranny gear swap :eyepoppin Heh heh

·
Registered
101 Posts
125mph-130mph in the quarter and still in third? i need to just sell all my go fast goodies and car and buy me an 88 gt.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am also calling B.S.!!!

How do you KNOW you are going 150??? Show us a pic of your Saleen 200mph speedo and I'll believe ya. :happyhapp

·
Registered
701 Posts
matthew429 said:
kept pulling away until i hit the quarter mark. i was running about 125-130mph and i let off
Assuming you set the quarter mile up at really 1/4 of a mile you should have ended up around 92mph - 108 mph depending on mods(nothing huge) and driving.
Regarding brakes, and clutch:
Assuming you were racing an 2005+ RSX-S, forget it! If you compare the Acuras brakes and the weigt of the car to our "stock" stangs tiny disks, it is more likely that you just smellt YOUR brakes.
I know that with a 2000 GT you can take a stock 2005 RSX-S, but you won't end up with 125-130mph.............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.