Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some fun this morning on the way to work with an Acura RSX type S. I first saw him behind me, he darted to the right lane and tried to pass but never got up next to me until we hit traffic. His lane moved a little quicker than mine and once he cleared the car in front of me he got back over and took off. I maneuvered around the slow car and gave chase, just enough to pace him and let him know I was there, as traffic was a little to heavy. Once we hit the end of the road and made the right turn, the race was on. The light was green for the turn, I was behind him about 3 car lengths back, and we had open road in front of us. So from about a 20 MPH roll we both took off, he took the far left lane and I stayed in the middle. It didn't take long for me to reel him in and make the pass, and before I knew it, I was doing 110 MPH :eyebulge: . The ramp for 95 was coming up, so I let off to make the turn and the dude came flying by me. A classic fly-by by a guy in a business suit, pretty funny actually. I'm not really one for high speed street racing, but I just couldn't resist this one. Man I can't wait for the tracks to open back up :sosad: .

·
Registered
55 Posts
very nice how close was it

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice!

My friend with his stock 2005 RSX-S still thinks that he could take me in my 2000 GT (also stock).
I guess we really have to go to the track.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I probably pulled on him by about 3-5 car lengths, plus the 3 he had to start with. I was suprised, it was a quick little car. Stock for stock, it would be a good race, but I still think the Mustang has it. This was the first real race with all the mods, I'm loving the 4.10's.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Don't give me wrong, the type-S are fast but they lack a whole lot of torque.

I drove my friends RSX-S and it was a lot of fun. Very high screaming motor (i think it has 8600 red line or something insane like that) and the motor pulls more and more, the higher you rev it. Look at the torque curve, it stays flat almost all the way up to red line - the engineers building this motor did a very nice job.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Good Job! Way to smack him back down!

Smoke his attitude!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
XLeezardx said:
This is the problem of mustang owners, you pick on cars that you know are slower than you. Hey good job for spanking a 4 banger. :worship Please, racing a 4 banger is like picking on a 10 year old kid. You know you got the edge. Please leave the Honda's alone especially the 4 Bangers. Go race Camaro's, Corvettes and Firebirds with V8's...cars in your class.

Wow! The Lizard finally admits the overpriced underperforming RSX is outclassed by the lowly domestics . ..

This is one for the ages!!!

:laughlitt

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here we go again with the whole 4-bangers suck and V-8's rule debate.

This is what I found for stock times:

2002 Acura RSX Type S 6.1 14.8
2004 Ford Mustang GT 6.3 14.8

My source:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

Now I'm not one to internet race, or whatever you call it, but that seems pretty damn close to me. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a V8 over a 4 banger any day, but do V8's rule, hell I don't know. There's 4 bangers out there pushing 300 HP from the factory, much more than my car. So just because they got a 4 cyl, my car will beat theirs, I don't think so. Maybe one day a 4 banger will leave you at a light, and then you will open your eyes to the real world.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
XLeezardx said:
This is the problem of mustang owners, you pick on cars that you know are slower than you. Hey good job for spanking a 4 banger. :worship Please, racing a 4 banger is like picking on a 10 year old kid. You know you got the edge. Please leave the Honda's alone especially the 4 Bangers. Go race Camaro's, Corvettes and Firebirds with V8's...cars in your class.
I'm gonna pick on WRX's, Evo's, and SRT-4's till I'm blue in the face. Guess what, THEY HAVE 4 CYLINDERS! they will give me a good run on the track.
truth is, you never know what kind of mods are done to a 4 cylinder. Import or Domestic. Pick on 'em all and learn something every time.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Carefull, next time you see he will have gotten a big R sticker, good for about 20-30 hp and he will take you:laughlitt

Good kill, not sure about how acurate the number are that you got on the two cars, but I have taken 2 and I have an automatic

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brent05redfire said:
I'm gonna pick on WRX's, Evo's, and SRT-4's till I'm blue in the face. Guess what, THEY HAVE 4 CYLINDERS! they will give me a good run on the track.
truth is, you never know what kind of mods are done to a 4 cylinder. Import or Domestic. Pick on 'em all and learn something every time.
Exactly, and if I'm not mistaken, each of those cars listed above will take a pre-05' Mustang GT stock for stock (that is if your speaking of the WRX STI). Yeah, its a close race and there all turbocharged, but they're 4 bangers none the less.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
XLeezardx said:
Forced induction 4 Bangers dont count. You can put a blower on a V8 like the lingenfilter Corvette...
For the record, a 2004 Mustang GT does not do 14.8 1/4 because if so, my S2000 would spank it easily and it doesnt. According to kscyote an 04 GT would be in mid 13's.
With the standard prep and variance, you should expect mid-to upper 13s to lower 14s. Assuming manual transmission, add a second for autos.

Car-Stats.com Report for 2001 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from MT June, 2001
0-60:
Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Ford Mustang GT
Obtained from C&D November, 2002
0-60:
Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, we could internet race all day and find different times for different vehicles on a million different sites. I'm not here to have a pissing contest because someone here thinks a 4 banger has no chance in beating a V8. I have no idea whats done to any vehicle I am racing on the street, just as the guy driving the acura had no idea what I have. Point is we raced, I beat him, I logged on to this site (which I have come to like very much and respect everyone on it) and told you my story. Leezard, you are intitled to you opinion, I just happen to disagree with you this time. The acura picked the fight and I met his challange, do you really think you would have backed down? I'm just trying to have fun :smoke: .

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
FunkyBoss said:
Here we go again with the whole 4-bangers suck and V-8's rule debate.

This is what I found for stock times:

2002 Acura RSX Type S 6.1 14.8
2004 Ford Mustang GT 6.3 14.8

My source:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

Now I'm not one to internet race, or whatever you call it, but that seems pretty damn close to me. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a V8 over a 4 banger any day, but do V8's rule, hell I don't know. There's 4 bangers out there pushing 300 HP from the factory, much more than my car. So just because they got a 4 cyl, my car will beat theirs, I don't think so. Maybe one day a 4 banger will leave you at a light, and then you will open your eyes to the real world.
That GT has to be an automatic.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kscoyote said:
That GT has to be an automatic.
Probably! I dont know where that site pulls their #'s from, but they were both consistant for the 2 vehicles in question. You can see my # in my sig, and a calculator gives me 14.5 in the 1/4. I never actually ran one though, maybe one day soon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't think he picked on him when the RSX dipped in and out of traffic to get to him...when will you admit that we don't "pick" on 4 bangers or inferior cars, hardly as much as they "pick" on us. I've gotten smoked by one 4 banger in my life...and STI on the freeway that passed me down hill like I wasn't even moving...I don't hate 4 bangers and never have, I love them as a matter of fact, and used to have one...
but please for the love of everything good and holy...stop saying we pick on 4 bangers and blah blah blah...do you post on clubsi or other 4banger sites that they shouldn't chase us down and start a race...then fly by when they lose...I'm just curious...
and you know who you are that I'm talking to...sorry to hijack a thread but that guy's just ridiculous sometimes...even though hes got a bad a$$ S2000...
did you read my thread about TKO'ing an RSX...are you gonna tell me I "picked" on him there too???

*rant mode off*
good kill...and yeah they make their power way higher in the rpm range than we do...if they had torque curves to match their hp curves...they'd be monsters on the street

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
XLeezardx said:
I acually post alot on S2KI forums. I admit, theres are alot of dumbasses out there that drive riced out slow 4 bangers that try to be badasses. Hell I even have my own share of ricer idiots that try to race me, only leanring that they get smoked. I just dont like the fact someone braggs about killing something that has waaaay slower. I would brag i killed a Mustang GT (GT supposed to be faster than S2K, in straight line anyways), but never would brag that I killed a Civic.

Fair enough!

:cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
XLeezardx said:
I acually post alot on S2KI forums. I admit, theres are alot of dumbasses out there that drive riced out slow 4 bangers that try to be badasses. Hell I even have my own share of ricer idiots that try to race me, only leanring that they get smoked. I just dont like the fact someone braggs about killing something that has waaaay slower. I would brag i killed a Mustang GT (GT supposed to be faster than S2K, in straight line anyways), but never would brag that I killed a Civic.
I agree about not bragging about killing slower cars...I try not too...the last kill story I made about that RSX wasn't so much a kill but more of a laugh at them...and never once did I brag I think, I just told a story about and RSX blowing something trying to race me up hill...
as a matter of fact, I even posted in someone else's thread that we should stop posting kill stories against honda's/neons and stuff like that because it get's kinda redundant...
I try not to street race, and I really control myself on the street, even against faster cars...but I am not opposed to handing someone their ass when they ask me to...

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just thought I would share with everyone. I wouldn't call it bragging, but take it as you will. I also wouldn't call an RSX-S "waaaay slower" than my car, and as we have said before, you never know what the other guy has. I don't get many challanges on the street, but when I do I like to post them. The title said RSX, if it bothers you that much Leezard, don't read it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.