Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain "adaptive transmission shift strategy" found on the 2011 mustangs with the automatic transmission?

·
Registered
224 Posts
From what I understand this is just the system making incremental pressure changes so shifting remains consistent over the life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It adapts to your driving habits, adapts psi pressures & shift points. All the new ford autos have it. IE: heavy foot longer shift points light foot quicker shifts, etc. Can be reset by reseting KAM in the processor, need a scan tool for that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fortunately flash tuning it will get rid of this feature, I think... but I haven't read up on it enough. With the 2010s and earlier the drive-by wire was responsible for the adaptive learning.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
My clutch and left foot are going to make adaptations from day one! :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
It adapts to your driving habits, adapts psi pressures & shift points. All the new ford autos have it. IE: heavy foot longer shift points light foot quicker shifts, etc. Can be reset by reseting KAM in the processor, need a scan tool for that.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that it is just a self-correcting system meaning shifts on day 1 and year 10 are the same and not an adapt to the driver system like hypermiler vs lead foot. I'm not an expert on it though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
No hes correct, it changes to your driving style. If you change your style from econo to haul ass the computer will shift faster and 0-60 faster. You can also force shift it up if its still not shifting fast enough.
Its all in the owners manul if u actaully own one. Not that i think anyone actually reads it LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.