Ford Mustang Forum banner

Add mine to the wrecked list

5K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  gphasagt 
#1 ·
Here's what an antelope does to your car at 82. Don't know if they can fix or not. He went under the front end and out the back.:sadcry: :sadcry: :sadcry:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Muscle car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

See less See more
#2 ·
DUDE THAT ANTELOPE TOTALLY F***ED UP YOUR CAR. Did you atleast get pics of the antelope? How big was it? Well now you have in excuse to get an aftermarket hood, front bumper and maybe even some new rims and tires. Actually you can probably even get new springs and lower your car while your at it. Sorry just trying to let you see the brightside.

#4 ·
He wasn't big at all. Probably a two year old and was about 130 pounds I would guess. Felt pretty frickin solid when I hit too. Damn the back end sure swung back and forth til I got her shut down. Really don't want aftermarket parts. Just want my car back how it was at lunchtime.

#5 ·
Yikes!

Even though it messed it up pretty bad, I still hope the pony beat the antelope in that fight.

Best of luck getting it fixed. Hope to see "good as new" pics soon!

#6 ·
Whtmule said:
Here's what an antelope does to your car at 82. Don't know if they can fix or not. He went under the front end and out the back.:sadcry: :sadcry: :sadcry:

View attachment 19709
View attachment 19710
View attachment 19711
OUCH!!!!!! Sorry. You should be able to get her fixed like new. At 82 that doesn't look too bad. I'm from Pennsylvania and we have a lot of white tail deer and up state some elk. If you hit a white tail at 82 you are going to get allot more damage then that, a big buck can get up to close to 250 lbs. And an elk, forget about it, you probably won't walk away from that. Big animals. Is an antelope the same as a white tail deer only from Montana? In the Home on the Range song I always wondered what they meant by "were the deer and the antelope play". I've traveled all over this country and I never saw an antelope. I guess I sound kind of dumb. If I'm ignored I understand.

#7 ·
An antelope in eastern montana! I find that hard to believe. Just kidding! I have thinned the antelope population out there by a few myself. Once in a '69 Buick Skylark doing 95. That sucks in happened in the Stang. Maybe a grill guard will be in order.;)

#8 ·
Dude! Ouch for sure. That is a shame...buuuuuuuuuuuttttt.....on the lighter side of things, your license plate does say "Saddle up!" That is one smart Antelope!

I hit a rabbit once doing about 80.....ish (Hey, it was a really big bunny!) and that sucka left chunks (No relation) all over the front, wheel well and side of my Satin Silver, but luckily that is all I had to deal with.

Ok seriously, I hope you can get your baby back on the road soon all fixed up! Good luck.

#9 ·
Hello, dumb guy again. Looked it up, "Pronghorn Antelope". Only antelope in North America. Been around unchanged for over a million years. Can bound 40 to 50 feet at a time. No wonder you wacket it Whtmule. Amazing what you can learn on the AFM forum.

G
#10 ·
wow...i remember when i hit a cat?raccoon at 50 or so and the sinking feeling in my gut when i heard that thud on my bumber cause i knew it was gonna leave a mark...i can imagine what it must have been llike in those seconds prior to hitting that thing...and then getting out of your car and seeing the damage....you said it went all the way under and out the back...hows the back end? and the drivetrain?

#11 ·
Yeah, I still have the crack on my front bumper from hitting a beaver doing 70..... That really bites, sorry you gotta go through it. At least it wasn't a Moose or something. We have that problem up here and the driver never wins.

#12 ·
I feel for you, man! I hit a deer last year just before Christmas with my F-150. Luckily, I just clipped him. The nerf bars helped deflect the deer away from the truck and doing more damage. Of course, I had the Mother-in-Law, wife and kids in the truck at the time. My 5-year old started to cry because Daddy just wacked Rudolf, so Christmas wasn't coming. I got mine, though. A semi came through just after me. Can anyone say BURGERMEAT?
Yours looks fixable, though. I know it looks bad, but it's amazing what body shops can do. Chin up.

#15 ·
pfiandra said:
OUCH!!!!!! Sorry. You should be able to get her fixed like new. At 82 that doesn't look too bad. I'm from Pennsylvania and we have a lot of white tail deer and up state some elk. If you hit a white tail at 82 you are going to get allot more damage then that, a big buck can get up to close to 250 lbs. And an elk, forget about it, you probably won't walk away from that. Big animals. Is an antelope the same as a white tail deer only from Montana? In the Home on the Range song I always wondered what they meant by "were the deer and the antelope play". I've traveled all over this country and I never saw an antelope. I guess I sound kind of dumb. If I'm ignored I understand.
Antelope are part of the goat family. They are different than deer. I would guess he weighed about 150 pounds or so from how he felt when we pulled him off the road.

#16 ·
monk99 said:
An antelope in eastern montana! I find that hard to believe. Just kidding! I have thinned the antelope population out there by a few myself. Once in a '69 Buick Skylark doing 95. That sucks in happened in the Stang. Maybe a grill guard will be in order.;)
Actually the HP was telling me they have had lots of elk appear suddenly on that same road. He thought it had something to do with the fires up west. Glad I didn't hit one of those.

#17 ·
nghtrnnr said:
wow...i remember when i hit a cat?raccoon at 50 or so and the sinking feeling in my gut when i heard that thud on my bumber cause i knew it was gonna leave a mark...i can imagine what it must have been llike in those seconds prior to hitting that thing...and then getting out of your car and seeing the damage....you said it went all the way under and out the back...hows the back end? and the drivetrain?
They were going to put it on the hoist this morning and see what's up. It was like I road him. He was half under the car and half not. There was blood and guts and crap all down the side and hair underneath the car. The upper half of him was all messed up and kinda skinned. The wheel well cover was one of the first to go and it was laying there all in one piece. Headlight lens was in about 100 pieces on the road. From where I hit him to where I stopped was about 120 feet and the blood trail was about 100 feet.

#19 ·
I gotta stop reading the posts with the wrecked ponies...For some reason those pix make me more nauseous than those surgery shows on TV!!!! (and it had nothing to do with the dead antelope!) Sorry bout your pony--stupid Speed Goat!!!! I'm in W. MT and terrified to hit a squirrel with my car--let alone something bigger. We hit a bear on I-90 a couple of years ago with my husband's Tacoma...no damage, but not much left of the bear (a yearling, we think--at least from the pieces that we could identify)....
Keep your chin up...would love to see the "after" pix!

#20 ·
we call that FAST FOOD where i'm from....

lol, not really. maybe you should get a snow plow scoop thing for the front end. It would be really convient in winter..... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.