Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add on a Trailer Hitch to my 04 V6 to haul my Wave Runner. Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and many others have them and claim there not that hard to add on. But before I go any further I would like to know if anybody else has done this and has had any problems. I would think that Mustangs are not exactly built for hauling trailers. Couldnt tell you what the Trailer/Wave Runner combo weigh but I know the tongue weight cant be more than 50 lbs. I used to haul it with a 4 cyl. Toyota P/U and never had to many problems. But that was a differant kind of vehical altogether.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you can haul stuff with your mustang if you desire, you would have to find a vendor that makes a kit available for your year mustang. Welding is almost a must by a certified mechanic, unless you feel comfortable doing it yourself and hoping the welds hold.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hitches at etrailer.com

eTrailer.com sells hitches for Mustangs made by DrawTite & Hidden Hitch for $85 to $90.

I recently purchased a 2008 Mustang V6 and had checked the towing specs before doing so.

The 2007 and 2008 Mustangs (all versions) are rated at a TOTAL towing capacity of only 1000 lbs.

I've been considering getting a hitch (only if it is confirmed to me that they are completely bolt-on only), but I'm still nervous about it as I do not want to damage my '08 Mustang.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Searching around the internet I eventually found what I was looking for. But since then I traded in the wave runner for an 18ft Bayliner. No way a Mustang is going to haul that, I'll be using my truck. However for those that have something small like a wave runner or a small dirt bike on a light weight trailer, I dont see much a problem. Fords are tough. Thanks for the info though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.