Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there ever installed a turbonator in their stock GT 4.6L, and if so was there any difference in performance:scratchchin. The claim is up to 55hp.
Turbonator.com - Official Site

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have seen NOTHING at all that supports these claims. Buy one if ya want. I've seen threads from folks who bought them and they were burned. This is all anechdotal but magazines get paid to advertise this stuff so that does not mean it is credible...

·
Registered
777 Posts
From their own site:

"CLAIMS RELATING TO HORSEPOWER ARE BASED ON USER FEEDBACK FROM TURBONATOR OWNERS..."

Yeah, the same guys that swear the fart can with the "Type-R" decal just boosted them 25 hp. :nogrinner

More:

"NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY PARTICULAR VEHICLE AND DRIVER WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE GAINS IN HORSEPOWER OR FUEL EFFICIENCY SIMILAR TO THOSE REPORTED BY PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS. IN FACT, SUBSEQUENT USERS MAY EXPERIENCE SHARP DIFFERENCES IN THE PERFORMANCE THEY ACHIEVE AS COMPARED TO THOSE RESULTS PREVIOUSLY REPORTED."

"MILEAGE CLAIMS ARE BASED ON THE REPORTS OF CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED GAINS IN MPG AFTER INSTALLING TURBONATOR VORTEX GENERATORS IN THEIR VEHICLES. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS."

"IT IS DUE TO THESE NUMEROUS BUT EXTREMELY IMPORTANT VARIABLES WHICH ARE ALL A PART OF REAL WORLD DRIVING THAT TURBONATOR MAKES AVAILABLE REPORTS FROM ACTUAL CUSTOMERS AS OPPOSED TO MAKING CLAIMS BASED ON STERILE LAB TESTING IN WHICH FEW, IF ANY, OF THE FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE FUEL CONSUMPTION ARE TESTABLE ON A PRACTICABLE LEVEL."

So, basically, what this is saying is that ALL of their claims are based on user feedback, and there is ZERO lab work done. It's garbage, plain and simple, and they admit it themselves if you'll just read it. The way i see it, those curling fingers are just one more obstruction to slow the air down.

:bigthumbsup

~HA

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I herd it can hurt your motor, A guy tried it and a piece broke off of it went into the motor and bye bye motor.

G

·
Totally Useless Crap

Turbonator = Totally Useless POS

There are countless threads around on different forums that prove these are a complete waste of money.

If there was a piece that took 5 min to install that added 55hp for chump change, and it worked, you'd see it in every single signature on every mustang board around.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Turbonator = Totally Useless POS

There are countless threads around on different forums that prove these are a complete waste of money.

If there was a piece that took 5 min to install that added 55hp for chump change, and it worked, you'd see it in every single signature on every mustang board around.
Very good point.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I can add 55 HP just like a turbinator. Here, I'll cast that spell right now.....

G

·
The REALLY funny part is...

Sunday at Knott's Berry Farm, Fabulous Fords Forever show....I heard a guy talking to a girl about..."what have you done to it" she says nothing yet, he says...You need to get a turbonator (he was serious and told her all kinds of stuff it would do for her)...I almost fell out.

Kind of like the guy with the Beater XR4TI that was WAYYY past its prime talking to someone about how he went "11.6" at the track. I can only assume he meant in the 1/8th....

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think this thread is a late April fools joke.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok yall convinced me, actually I figured as much, just wanted to see if anyone had anything positive to say about it. Just the thought of getting a broke piece into my engine is enough for me not to buy one. Thanks everyone for your imput I love the feedback members here give. I guess I will just have to go ahead and get a CAI and tune for my GT/CS.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Ok yall convinced me, actually I figured as much, just wanted to see if anyone had anything positive to say about it. Just the thought of getting a broke piece into my engine is enough for me not to buy one. Thanks everyone for your imput I love the feedback members here give. I guess I will just have to go ahead and get a CAI and tune for my GT/CS.
Sorry if we were a little harsh. Wasn't directed at you. There are certain 'mods' that will get us going. Spend some time here and you'll quickly get the hang of what the 'good' mods are. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry if we were a little harsh. Wasn't directed at you. There are certain 'mods' that will get us going. Spend some time here and you'll quickly get the hang of what the 'good' mods are. :)
I have learned a lot on this site and still learning, and thanks all for being upfront and I didn't take any offense to anything said. yall are great.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You seem pretty cool to dude.
Welcome,NICE CAR.
I think you will be totally happy with a new Cold Air Intake and tuner.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I have learned a lot on this site and still learning, and thanks all for being upfront and I didn't take any offense to anything said. yall are great.
Good... another word of advice. Don't mention throttlebody spacers around us either. :gringreen

1 - 20 of 26 Posts