Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will adding maybe a x pipe and mufflers to my 05 mustang gt void its powertrain warranty?

also can anyone tell me some great mods to squeeze out some extra horses without voiding anything?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I take it you bought an extended warranty? I am not positive but I don't think so.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Defintely not. Your warranty is fine. If Ford can prove that your x-pipe and mufflers ruined your engine/transmission, then they can void it all they want.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It all depends on what your warranty issue is. If you have a catastrophic failure and take the car in with mods on it, you will be in trouble.
Just replace when you bring back, all dealers are different but FORD is the one that will not budge.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Defintely not.
Never say never

Your warranty is fine.
You can't know that.

If Ford can prove that your x-pipe and mufflers ruined your engine/transmission, then they can void it all they want.
I appreciate your belief in right or wrong but unfortunately you have it backward. Ford can and will void your warranty ANY TIME THEY WANT TO FOR ANY REASON. If your warranty gets voided in theory it is provable, in court that Ford was not allowed to void it and they will be “forced” to do the repairs.

Yes there are warranty laws that are designed to protect the consumer. There are also laws in place that say people can’t commit murder…..but it happens every day. So what if they go to jail, whomever they killed is still dead.

Warranty laws do not protect you from voided warranties, hiring lawyers, going to court, not having something to drive the entire time, etc. There are no “Warranty Police” hanging out in service departments enforcing the law. All warranty laws do is give you a way to get it back.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I believe it depends upon your dealer. Some are more mod friendly than others. My local dealer told me axle backs, CAI & tune would not void the warranty, but a blower would.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I believe it depends upon your dealer. Some are more mod friendly than others. My local dealer told me axle backs, CAI & tune would not void the warranty, but a blower would.
Try bringing it to that same dealer if you put a hole in the block or spin a bearing ( which most likely will not happen ) with those mods done:happyhapp He will be singing a different tune for sure.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Should not void it. Service managers can be kind of funny about these things. If they can prove the exhaust caused the problem then maybe. I had a seal go bad on our 2005 GT transmission and there was no problem with the warranty. Just had a 100 deductible,:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
28 Posts
The dealership i go to said that they void warranties on specific parts that are replaced or parts that go bad as a direct result of the aftermarket part. Ex. I replaced stock springs with eibach springs and a popping noise developed from the strut mount. took it to the dealer and they said it was because of the aftermarket parts and it wasn't there problem. So be careful and you can always ask your dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.