Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, my 98 mustang still runs great even at 113k. my question is: is it worth it to do an upgrade like the PI head swap and headers with this kind of mileage. I was thinking about dyno testing it before to see if there has already been any significant power loss. Also, perhaps a compression test to see the status of the motor. Anything else i should look into before dumping some money into the motor. The motor runs great, starts all the time, doesn't burn any oil or anything. Its about the only piece of the car that has never had any issues. Your insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Certainly worth looking at swapping to the PI intake. Sorry, but I personally would be leery of dramatic compression increase (PI head swap) on high-mile motor. If running stock rear gears (not in your sig.) you'd get some performance increase from going to 3.73's or ? Guess I'd also have to think about taking the mod money (for the head swap & headers, etc) and the sale price of your car and buying a later model PI GT - 1999 or newer.
Let's see what other think.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I've seen people use blowers on 200,000 mile Chevy's before with no problems. As long as the tune is good and you have no major mechanical problems, you will be fine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just what i wanted to hear monkey boy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.