Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, so I am doing a stereo install for my Cousin's 05' saleen. He wants to keep the stock speakers and deck, just upgrade with an added sub.

so I think it would be suitable for the car to have some kind of crossover installed or possibly just highpass filters.

what do you think would work best for the speakers?

I was thinking cutoff the 8" woofers at around 50-150hz and the 5x7's at 100-200hz

somebody who has played with the wiring on these shaker 500's tell me how much work it would be to install a crossover or if I would be better of just using bass blockers.

and I don't have much knowledge on bass blockers as far as their rating at different ohms, because isnt the shaker a 2 ohm load? and most blockers are rated at 4ohms and 8 ohms.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I also have been considering this. Just want to add a little thump to the system, nothing crazy. Anyone? Bueler... Bueler.. Fry...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
adding a sub to the stock stereo is easy. you just install a high input to RCA converter and then run a gain dial to the front for sub control. then by using bass blockers I don't destroy the factory speakers when I'm realling bumping the bass up with the sub just trying to figure if I should use a crossover or blockers I have no idea what to expect with this car's wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so can anyone tell me if the shaker 500 is for sure a 2 ohm running stereo. I am going to run bass blockers instead, only problem is I don't know what rated blockers to get because their ratings are listed for common 4 ohm speakers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This seems the best forum for this:
How do I (1) remove the radio in my 2005 gt 'stang? Or at least acess the aux input port (for sat. radio) and (2) How do I remove the door panel to get to the smaller speaker, it's already vibrating like it's blown, I am just going aftermarket...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
longhaul said:
This seems the best forum for this:
How do I (1) remove the radio in my 2005 gt 'stang? Or at least acess the aux input port (for sat. radio) and (2) How do I remove the door panel to get to the smaller speaker, it's already vibrating like it's blown, I am just going aftermarket...
i wont be able to help you til i get the car in my hands, but I'll let ya know. thanks for the hijack btw. :smilie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts