Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just put my fuel pressure regulator on my engine straight out of the box. I'm running gt40 heads, gt-40 upper and lower intake, and F cam, 24lb injectors, 70mm throttle body, 250lph fuel pump, and was wondering how to set my fuel pressure regulator. when you turn the key to the on position and the fuel pump runs for a second it reads 30 psi. is this what it will be running? what do i need to set it at? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
running with no vacuum you should be at 39 psi stock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the thing....it's not running yet. I just built the whole engine and i'm trying to figure out if the pressure that the pump builds when key on engine off is the same as when the engine is running. i want to make sure that i've got adequate fuel so when i crank it up for the first time i can just worry about setting the timing and seating the rings. so do i need to adjust it to 39 key on engine off?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The pressure won't be the same without the engine running, there's no vacuum to get it to the actual pressure it has. Just turning on the key won't be an accurate way to see how much it'll have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.