Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been running the 93R bama tune on my stang, and when I punch it it stays in redline rather than before when it would shift out. Should I adjust shift points or anything like that? What custimazations did you guys do when you put your tune on?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I never touched anything on My Tunes, I like em the way they are. I know on the Tuner you can + or -25% the Shift Points ( I think it's +-25%) anyway you have to do each individual shift. But Im not one to mess with a Tune so I'd just call whoever wrote your Tunes and have them write you another Tune and explain what's happening and what your looking for in the change of your Tune.

·
Registered
344 Posts
On my Diable Preditor Programmer I can manually adjust the shift points.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm guessing your using an SCT with it being a Bama tune.

This probably depends on what gear its getting up to before it will no longer shift.

The settings on the Diablo are:

1-2 upshift MPH
2-3
3-4

When you increase these values the autobox only shifts up when it reaches its original MPH + the value you have added. Basically holding the gears for longer, so if this is to high in 3-4 it would take longer (or you would have to be going faster) before it would change from 3rd to 4th.
(Note: this doesn’t seem to affect change down, only up.)

So this is unlikely to be the problem.

The other setting on the Predator is:

Shift point RPM 1-2
2-3
etc

This is only used on WOT. Basically, what ever these values are, the auto box will only change up when it reaches this rpm.
This kind of setting is more likely to be the problem, if its set to high or higher than you can rev then you won’t reach the next shift point and wont shift up (in theory).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Okay so I've been running the 93R bama tune on my stang, and when I punch it it stays in redline rather than before when it would shift out. Should I adjust shift points or anything like that? What custimazations did you guys do when you put your tune on?
There are options that you can change the shift times, etc. However, I would recommend that you call and have Bama adjust them the correct way inside the calibration, rather than using a blanket fix provided with the options section.

Give the Bama team a call Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST at 888.226.9764 and they can tweak it to your liking. If I'm hearing correctly, you want it to shift at a lower RPM than what we have it set to?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are options that you can change the shift times, etc. However, I would recommend that you call and have Bama adjust them the correct way inside the calibration, rather than using a blanket fix provided with the options section.

Give the Bama team a call Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST at 888.226.9764 and they can tweak it to your liking. If I'm hearing correctly, you want it to shift at a lower RPM than what we have it set to?
Its not necessarily that, it's just when I punch it, I'd rather my car not stay redlined, cause when it does I have to let off the gas which in return would mess me up if I having some fun with someone on the street.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Forgive me, I'm just a little confused on what's happening.

The factory redline is lower than the redline we sent out. It's going to probably go about 200-300RPM higher than it would from the factory. Then, it should shift back down into the 5000 area or whatever. This is normal, and completely safe.

Are you saying that the car just sits at the same RPM without climbing at the redline? I just want to make sure I've got it right. Can you take a quick video of what it does and post it up?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgive me, I'm just a little confused on what's happening.

The factory redline is lower than the redline we sent out. It's going to probably go about 200-300RPM higher than it would from the factory. Then, it should shift back down into the 5000 area or whatever. This is normal, and completely safe.

Are you saying that the car just sits at the same RPM without climbing at the redline? I just want to make sure I've got it right. Can you take a quick video of what it does and post it up?
It's probably what you explained in your second paragraph. Anyways, I did a lot of practice take offs at WOT today and I've learned how to drive it without the problem I stated above. But thank you for the help, another reason I love A.M. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts