Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 gt has an ADS superchip. mods are as listed trickflow topend kit, mac cold air, stock throttle body,(going to order a 75mm) msd ignition, bassanni longtubes and xflow, bassanni bullets to a over axle 2 1/2. Ive advanced my timing to 12 deg. I didnt build this i bought it allready modded so dont know if its stroked. The guy that build it passed away. Any way on to my question first is this chip worth a crap? also i was reading somewere that you need to run a 160 deg thermostat? I dont know why other then the car does run a little warm. does anyone know about this? also my x flow is a 3 inch should change the over axle to a 3 inch?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Running too low a thermostat will not allow the coolant to spend enough time in the radiator and will actually make your engine run at a higher temp. 180 degree tstat is suggested.

J

·
0 Posts
Thought this was a good discussion:

ADS SUPERCHIP Q's - Mustang Forums at StangNet

Guess these things will bump the fueling and timing a little bit (which you can do without the chip as well) and are worth a few horses on a stock engine (probably also helping it run a little better with the long-tubes, the SN95's hate pretty much any change). The 160 thermostat seems to be recommended because of the timing increase (it'd probably be better to get a better radiator or fan).

I don't have any experience with the chip myself (maybe someone else does), just looked around because I'd never heard of yours. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts