Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen an adjustable cam sprocket. So do I adjust only the cam sprocket (top sprocket) to the right 4 degrees? which one do I turn? Do I turn 1 or all? I really don't want to mess this motor up any more than it is. I have to change the cracked, worn belt anyways. So if someone has done this without the adjustable sprocket, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The only way to do it is with an adjustable sprocket or the FMS sprocket that's keyed for it. You can't get 4 degrees of cam timing out of the stock sprocket.

Get it running right for more than a day, then play with cam timing, fuel injectors, whatever your heart desires. If you can get it to stay running right for week or so, you'll know you've got a good place to start. Changing crap while the car is sick and then scratching your head because it still doesn't run right is counter-productive.

I thought you were selling this thing?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup. I believe I am for a 5.0

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
5.0 cars are a dime a dozen down there. I grew up in Central Florida, back when it was still part of the United States. I just moved to Georgia about 2 yrs ago.

I've been down to West Palm a couple of times, but I typically stayed above hwy 60.

Anyway, good luck with the sale, or whatever you decide to do with it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Selling for a 5.0 and moving to north Georgia.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your question was answered in your previous thread

No it wasn't. I don't want an adjustable cam sprocket, I want to know how to adjust the timing with the sprocket thats on it right now.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
563 Posts
wow haha :heha: