Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im new to the forum.
I was just curious what you guys thought about going from a F150 to a new mustang.

See I race motocross and the pickup is always nice, but its time to give it back due to the lease being up and my family wants to consolidate to one car payment.

For how much i use the truck it really doesnt pay to have it. I have an RV with a trailer I take to the races.

So its either a 2010 F150 or a 2011 Mustang GT:?:

thanks billy

·
Registered
101 Posts
just went from a crew cab gmc pickup to my 5.0 a month ago, haven't looked back and cant quit grinning everytime i get in my new stang. I say go for the 5.0

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking. I dont think ill be missing the truck too much. thanks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
226 Posts
I went from a Mustang, to a truck, and back to a Mustang. My truck was nice when I needed it, but Mustangs are way more fun to drive:cooldude:!! Now I didn't 'need' a truck for anything special; It had a bed cover and rarely hauled anything, so I didn't miss it:nogrinner

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Yep, the only reason I have a truck is for the 4x4 in the Winter. Need to haul anything big, heavy, a trailer is a lot cheaper or call a friend. The Mustang is put away for the Winter and takes a couple of weeks getting used to it again.
Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
So im new to the forum.
I was just curious what you guys thought about going from a F150 to a new mustang.

See I race motocross and the pickup is always nice, but its time to give it back due to the lease being up and my family wants to consolidate to one car payment.

For how much i use the truck it really doesnt pay to have it. I have an RV with a trailer I take to the races.

So its either a 2010 F150 or a 2011 Mustang GT:?:

thanks billy
See my other posts out here. I did not give up my 4x4 Ranger by giving my wife a 5.0. I need both in my lifestyle. You figure it out.

[[[smoke]]]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Much as I love 'Stangs, I have to have a truck first. Depends on your lifestyle, I guess.

·
Registered
648 Posts
See my other posts out here. I did not give up my 4x4 Ranger by giving my wife a 5.0. I need both in my lifestyle. You figure it out.

[[[smoke]]]
Bought the Mustang for the wife and I also kept my 4x4 (Toyota Tundra, Double Cab), we also needed both. Life is good!

·
Registered
910 Posts
My tradesman style ranger, 2.3L standard bed, reg cab 2X4 with a cab high shell is fine for what I need a cargo hauler for. If some thing were to come up to were I needed something bigger, I would just rent it for the job. Ryder rents trucks. For my road trips and my weekend fun. The Mustang is for me.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Well, at least the suspension will be the same. :yup:

·
Registered
901 Posts
How about a Raptor? I think I would prefer that over a 5.0. Otherwise I would get the 5.0, they are sweet and worth every penny!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think im gonna get the 5.0 my dad also has a company truck so if i ever need it ill just use that.

i cant wait to get this car. they are sick looking

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think im gonna get the 5.0 my dad also has a company truck so if i ever need it ill just use that.

i cant wait to get this car. they are sick looking
Dang, just get one and don't look back. That's what I did. Called the 5.0 my wife's car. She can't hardly handle it since its so powerful, but that's a good thing when you can drive it on a weekend. Need that truck to drive back and forth to work and drive through the woods 4 wheeling for hunting, etc.

[[[smoke]]]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im thinking a sterling gray one with 3.73 gears 6sp brembo package etc.

any other thoughts for the new guy?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im definitly getting the 6 speed. but i wasnt sure on any other options i should look for when im searching for the car.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
i think it depends on where you live. winters up here in ri can get pretty bad at times and when i start driving, there is no way my 87 will make it around the roads where i live. im going to end up needing a truck too. but if i lived down south where there is no snow, id just have the mustang.

I love the 2011s but id be torn between the Raptor or the 2011 mustang. then again, i think id wanna put off a 2011 mustang until 2014 for the 50th aniversory.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah well im from pa so we get our fair share of snowfalls but ill have another vehicle to drive by then.

what do you guys think would be best for the first mod? not sure on what to do?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.