Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently about to buy a 97 Ford Mustang GT woodward dream cruise edition, automatic, 4.6L V-8, X pipe exhaust, Side exhaust, cold air intake and pretty nice interior. It has 50,000 miles on it and runs pretty good. I think it has been driven hard a little bit, but i got it inspected and the mechanics said it was in good shape. The seller wants $ 7,200 for it. I am pretty sure i am going to buy it next week but want to make sure its a good idea. If anyone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
97woodwarddream said:
I am currently about to buy a 97 Ford Mustang GT woodward dream cruise edition, automatic, 4.6L V-8, X pipe exhaust, Side exhaust, cold air intake and pretty nice interior. It has 50,000 miles on it and runs pretty good. I think it has been driven hard a little bit, but i got it inspected and the mechanics said it was in good shape. The seller wants $ 7,200 for it. I am pretty sure i am going to buy it next week but want to make sure its a good idea. If anyone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it.
There's nothing wrong with running an engine hard. I ran the dog sh*t out of my 96 GT. The guy that bought it from me decided to rebuild it (I don't know why, it only had 70K on the clock) and later told me everything internally looked like it was brand new. I've been hard on my 6 for a total of 61,000 miles and I plan on doing so until I drive her into the ground.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I would buy it and get a set of 4.30s and install them asap

p.s. note the sarcasim =) the person will know who it is i am talking about

If you like it go for it, not too bad in price.. maybe flex him a few hundred bucks or so...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i am more than likely going to buy it. does anyone have any ideas how long a car like this last me, I take pretty good care of all my vehicles but i am looking for the average mileage these years of mustangs normally last

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Mine just turned 89k, I bought it a little over 2 years ago with 76k. When I drive it, I'm hard on it but I always maintain it too. I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil and filter, and also use Ford plugs. I've only had 1 small problem with the ac compressor clutch switch, it was a easy $8 fix. If you buy it switch all the fluids out and you should be good. Also make sure you post pics, it looks like a pretty tight ride! :happyhapp

·
Registered
626 Posts
No offense to any of the mid 90 mustangs... I just don't like em. I think the 99+ Mustangs are worth the lil extra money. May want to look into that, but if you like it and it drives well then I say buy it. The only opinion that matters is your own.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I've torn apart many modulars, and the primary thing i always am amazed of, is the fact that at even 150k-190k miles, the bearings (when not spun) look flawless. These mod motors don't wear much at all, and always look exceptional on the inside.

Too bad ford didn't put good internals in from the factory to help out :sosad:

·
Banned
918 Posts
carguy1985 said:
I would buy it and get a set of 4.30s and install them asap

p.s. note the sarcasim =) the person will know who it is i am talking about

If you like it go for it, not too bad in price.. maybe flex him a few hundred bucks or so...
I like the sarcasm, but I am not the one being laughed at like you are on 3 other mustang sites either;)

I drove my 97 GT very hard with no issues than lack of power. Only mods were h pipe, catback, u/d pullies and I started with 3.73's and went with 4.10's.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
play nice children.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We're talking Fords here guys. When you see a Ford on the side of the road, they are talking on the phone.:smoke: Rebuild for GP at about 300,000 miles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea my 97 GT vert with 79,000 is wonderful! and We bought it for 300 bucks more than that one. Thats a steal! get it now! you'll love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.