Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 GT Convertible 5 speed, excellent condition, 102k miles, pretty much a summer driver. I was thinking about putting a crate motor in it, nothing too outrageous? I really don't want to change anything with the exception of adding about 100 more HP? What other changes in the driveline would I have to change, if any?

·
Registered
256 Posts
-I would stick to a basic bolt on, ie. top end kit, power adder. Your not really going to need to beef up the drivetrain just yet.
-Everyone on AFM knows I'm gonna say juice it.
-Bottle feed that baby until the milk is gone.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
If that old engine is getting tired, the crate might be the way to go. You have lots of options, and many of them would add the modest amount of power you are talking about.

Check over the offerings from folks like Summit, Mustangs Unlimited, and FRPP. Pick a number that suits you, and go from there.

Depending on what you have in the drivetrain, and which engine you pick, you MIGHT have to upgrade the clutch and/or transmission. Those old 5 speeds were not meant to handle much torque.

But if you don't pick TOO much power, and don't horse it around that much, the old drivetrain might work for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.