Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to get your inputs for this,....bad news is I've already ordered them from Doug at Bamachips. But I'm still curious.
I have ordered the CompCam Mutha Thumprs from Doug w/ 3 additional tunes and delete plates. He is sending "lockouts" vs phase limiters as I told him I didn't want to lose any power at the low end as this is my summer/fall DD and I rarely push the motor to the 5000 rpm ranges. (I found a local speed shop that is throwing in a dyno before and after the install at no charge! SWEET!)
My question: what do lockouts provide vs the phase limiters? Should I still expect any low end power loss? Will this get me any "babes"?

flyboyjack

·
Registered
766 Posts
These motors are overhead cam, as you know, That makes power at higher RPM. The amazing thing is how much torque it makes for 281 CI at low RPM. This is because of the variable cam timing. As I understand it the timing can change up to 60 deg. That is huge...When you change cams for even more power at the higher rpms and limit the cam timing, you will lose power in the lower rpms, where you drive most of the time.... GA

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I spoke w/ Doug at Bamachips today and he said he is recommending lockouts vs phase limiters for the cams now as he has found them to run very lean at higher RPM's. I asked if I should at least have the phase limiters for any future apps and he said "NO!!!" So I guess if I am losing some power at my "DD" speeds, I'd better start saving for the SC and LT's!!

flyboyjack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.