Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advise regarding headers & a custom tune. I’m currently running a Roush phase 2 750 hp supercharger, Roush cold air intake & Roush active exhaust. I’m looking to add on long tube headers and a custom tune.

my questions are:

1. how much gains can I expect from the upgrades?

2. cost wise I’ve been getting quotes from $4K-$6.5k. Are the gains worth it?

Any input would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
4,448 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
some wild guesses while we wait for someone who knows:
  • headers are usually worth around 20 HP, maybe 30 HP boosted (wild guess)
  • you already have a custom tune for the supercharger, but it will likely need to be modified for the headers
  • $4-6.5K seems way high for headers and a tune, but we'll go with that: that puts you at about $150-300 per HP; is that worth it to you?

Reactions: Beechkid

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
A good set of headers, like Kooks, will run around 2-3K. Add in other accy's, like O2 sensor extensions etc., if needed, and the set up could easily be looking at 4K+. Tune will need to be modified due to headers, A/F mixture will need adjusting along with possibly timing... Add in labor for all of this, 5-6K would not be unreasonable. Going rate for labor now is around $90 hr. Yea, you can go cheaper headers and probably find a cheap installer somewhere, but I learned a long time ago, you get what you pay for...get it done right the first time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts