Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

The circular metal pony emblem in the center of the steering wheel of my 2010 V8 GT premium is scratched (wrist braceletes?). Could anybody tell me where could I find a new one and how can I replace it (is there some type of glue involved?). I need a vendor who ships overseas (i.e. in Italy).

Thank you all for the advice.

Mark Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Dear Friends,

The circular metal pony emblem in the center of the steering wheel of my 2010 V8 GT premium is scratched (wrist braceletes?). Could anybody tell me where could I find a new one and how can I replace it (is there some type of glue involved?). I need a vendor who ships overseas (i.e. in Italy).

Mark Roger
While you are at it, please let me know where I can find the center enblem for a 2007 gt - in my am muscle mag, I did not see it, also could not find it in Moss Muscle - I would prefer the stock one it came with but am open to other options as well, didn't mean to jack your thread, just leaching on to it a little.:winks

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Need to replace the entire horn mechanism. They don't sell those center emblems as a separate item.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dear Friends,

Mark Roger
i talked to a guy that was actually able to take off the steering wheel badge and got an aftermaket badge on this website. They make different sizes and colors for every badge they carry.

Product Listing - Center-Cap-Ford

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cool...but

i talked to a guy that was actually able to take off the steering wheel badge and got an aftermaket badge on this website. They make different sizes and colors for every badge they carry.

Product Listing - Center-Cap-Ford
I love those center caps, but does the whole horn have to be removed? Can a body shop just pop it out? can I ? How do you hook it up without the airbag exploding on your forhead?

·
Registered
212 Posts
the badge is held on by 6 slotted prongs, just carefully pry off the badge if a small flat head screwdriver and disconnect the battery (just in case the airbag would go off)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thank you all. However, given the risk of the airbag to explode and given the difficulty of finding Mustang spare parts in this country, I think that I shall leave it as it is

Thank you again,

Mark :)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Its very easy to change one out and you wont set off the air bag

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Airbag is triggered by sensors in the bumper. I can't imagine prying off the center cap triggering this. But, just so you don't have a heart attack if it did, disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Those look like center caps for the wheel rims and not the steering wheel.
Yes sir ... they're center caps. BUT, they make them in different sizes. So all you gotta do is choose the size the steering wheels is and BAM! theres your new steering wheel badge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.