Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought my 2011 Gt last weekend and im looking for some upgrades, engine wise and appearance wise. My car is black on black with leather on the inside, I ordered a Borla s-type and im looking for anything else you guys would recommend. Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Best advice is to upgrade what you think needs upgrading. Spend your time reading what others have done and why. Figure out what your goals are for your car, whether it's for racing or daily driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also forgot to mention it already had eibach lowering springs and adjustable pan hard bar. I am going to track my car every once in a while but its my daily driver to school about 20 miles away.

·
Registered
162 Posts
On my 2011 gt I decided to pleasure my ears to a Corsa exhaust with an X-pipe. Makes me smile when I drive it. The brembo brakes are sweet and the Steeda TRI-AX shifter makes it shift so smooth. Had to have a staggered wheel set-up for looks.
I ordered the CS body parts and the glass roof from the factory to make it complete.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey everyone, I just bought my 2011 Gt last weekend and im looking for some upgrades, engine wise and appearance wise. My car is black on black with leather on the inside, I ordered a Borla s-type and im looking for anything else you guys would recommend. Thanks!
There's definitely a lot out there that you can do.

As far as where to start, I would recommend a Steeda CAI & SCT tuner with Steeda custom tunes (adds 30-40RWHP, improves throttle response), Steeda Tri-Ax shifter (shortens your throws and helps prevent missed shifts) & bracket, Steeda Ultralite springs (best for a daily driver, lowers and improves vehicle handling), and go from there.

Mustang Parts | Steeda is The Largest Manufacturer of Mustang and Other Ford Products Made in The U.S.A.

Let me know if I can help you with anything. :bigthumbsup

On my 2011 gt I decided to pleasure my ears to a Corsa exhaust with an X-pipe. Makes me smile when I drive it. The brembo brakes are sweet and the Steeda TRI-AX shifter makes it shift so smooth. Had to have a staggered wheel set-up for looks.
I ordered the CS body parts and the glass roof from the factory to make it complete.
Thanks for the Steeda props! Glad to hear you like your Tri-Ax. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Since you're in California and your engine mods are pretty limited, I'd stick to wheels/tires and suspension.

Here's a great place to start:

2011-2013 Ford Mustang GT V6 Chrome Moly Street Upper & Lower Control Arm Package - UPR Products

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

Slowpoke2931,

Congrats for picking up a new 5.0! Looks like you got a good start for suspension mods and a cat-back. Have you thought about getting a custom tune for it yet? A Bama SF3 custom tuner is easily my favorite mod, especially for the 4v 5.0L. It's incredible what kind of power you can unleash from these Mustangs with a tune alone! You'll notice a more active throttle response, noticeable hp/tq gains, and even 1-2mpg increase. Plus, buying a Bama SF3 tuner will enroll you into our Free Tunes for Life program!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Shane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts