Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I purchased a 1995 Ford Mustang GT (convertable) on Friday night and it's been a lot of fun. What a cool car...

Unfortunately this morning... I parked, got out of the car, and used the remote to pop the trunk. After closing the trunk I tried too lock the door and set the alarm, and noticed that I didn't hear the normal "chirp" it typically makes upon locking the doors.

I went back to investigate and the doors were still unlocked. The car wouldn't start, the lights won't come on, it won't make the buzzing sound when the door is open and the key is in the ignition, no radio, no electric windows... As far as I can tell the car is behaving like it doesn't have a battery, absolutely no electicity... nada.

My guess is that one of two things have happenned, either I popped a pretty major fuse... or I've inadvertantly caused some sort of security mechanism to engage. As I've never owned a Ford before I have no idea where the fuses are, nor do I know how I would reset any security mechanisms I might of engaged.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Marty

·
Registered
146 Posts
You need to check your battery and connections. How old is the battery. Maybe it shorted out. Even with some sort of hidden anti-theft system, you would probably get some lights, unless there is a battery cut-off switch.

65 fstbk........2005GT 5sp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thank you very much. I went out and checked the battery and the cable was very, very loose. It looks like the stuff that was used to clean the engine acted as a lubricant and caused the connector to be very lose. I have driven a Jeep for the last 10 years and the battery terminal is very different on the Jeep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.