Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am new to owning a mustang and new to this site, but I have a 2003 automatic V6 mustang , and I love the heck out of it! The only problem is that it is bone stock. I have $3000 dollars to go into mods and I was looking for advice on what to do and where to get it please help me out!

·
Registered
61 Posts
ok sooo witj 3000 dollars u can make this car into a car show lol ....i too got my v6 stock to the bone about 4 months ago and the 1st thing i did to it was make it sound like a mustang....u need to put in H pipes and flowmasters 40s....make it sound tuff.... thats a must in a mustang ... then get a cai and mayb some headers....but 1st just get the H pipe and flowmasters..trust me you gonna love the sound

·
Registered
34 Posts
03 v6 hmmm... don't remember if they fixed the problem where the manifolds would crack due to (I believe) condensation from the ac dripping down on hot exhaust manifolds.

The split port is a nice little engine. If you're looking to enhance the performance here's a little recipe.

Upgrade the exhaust first, gears, CAI, the basic bolt ons. Then you might want to consider the winstar upgrade (believe it or not those little van intakes will give you an impressive gain) larger throttle body, H/C swap. Being that you're an auto, I'd also recommend a Jmod kit for the shifting help. Lets see, a flash tuner would help you a bit (I recommend sct or diablo, not a fan of sniper)

Google v6power.net It will become a fast favorite if you are serious about modding your v6:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
03 v6 hmmm... don't remember if they fixed the problem where the manifolds would crack due to (I believe) condensation from the ac dripping down on hot exhaust manifolds.
lol nope.. every time i turn the car off and shut the door i hear the water dripping on the manifold.. but yeah.. the advice already given here pretty much sounds right to me

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Thanks for the help guys but I ahve looked at heads and cams at supersixmotorsports and Tom Morano racing do they sell about the same grade of stuff? And I would love getting my Mustang sounding like it shoul bit without cats will I lose a lot of bottom because I have hardly any as it is? Oh one more what are good sounding and performing cat back exhaust systems

·
Registered
769 Posts
well if fyou have 3000 to spend this is wat i would do
1. with those 3k you can buy your self a supercharger
2.aair intake 100 buks
3.full exhaust headers to the back about 500-700(depending on your choice)
4.port and polish heads
5. change cams

any of these you probly can afford to do on your car gl

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hi guys I am new to owning a mustang and new to this site, but I have a 2003 automatic V6 mustang , and I love the heck out of it! The only problem is that it is bone stock. I have $3000 dollars to go into mods and I was looking for advice on what to do and where to get it please help me out!

glad to hear you love your stang :bigthumbsup.

here's my $0.02 on what i suggest to do with $3k.

4.10's & tlock ~$800
LT's, H/X/DD/ midpipe, flowmaster 40's. ~$1k
handheld tuner ~$400
CAI ~ $70
windstar intake $50-$400
J-mod ~ $ ?

or you can just save another $1k and procharge it; but you really should at least put a tlock in if you s/c.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
What year of windstar intake do I get and what kind of gains would I get.
i believe you're looking for a 96-98 windstar
(someone correct me if im wrong)

the 99-04 3.8L stang makes 190hp/225tq
the 96-98 windstar makes 200hp/240tq

the difference between the 2 engines is that intake.

also, the windstar intake is made of a composite plastic material and wont heat soak like ours do.
there's a writeup floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Wow so that swap is realy worth it then so I will need upper and lower intake?
just the upper.

of course, while you're in there you could go with a p&p lower from ssm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh and isnt your nitrous feed mustang running with stock internals how much would it take to get my car at were you nitrous feed one is?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Colton I know of a stock bottom end 12 v6 new edge mustang runs. I don't know what size pills he's running but I do know that he pulls a 12 at the track and drives it everywhere His name is Brian (if I remember correctly) and he resides in FL. He has an after market H/C/I I believe, as well as a geared T-locked rearend.

I think he has gone more of a track car with it recently, but for the span of 3 or so years it was his daily driver. However he also has a very well set up suspension underneath the car as well. I'll see if I can find a video of it on youtube and post for you to see.

It's a really clean car and everything I'd want out of a daily driver. Sedate Manners, but with a good sized bite if you aggrivate it enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.