Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got $760 and I have a 96 v6 5spd. I want better acceleration, also what do you guys think of the ported and polished upper and lower intake that super six has? What would that do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been doing some research and found that I would be better off just doing an engine swap, instead of wasting money on an engine that has 180,000 miles. So I want to know what year engine would be the best for my 96? And about how much would it cost for the whole engine swap? Please help! Thanks,

Socal

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
socal18 said:
I have been doing some research and found that I would be better off just doing an engine swap, instead of wasting money on an engine that has 180,000 miles. So I want to know what year engine would be the best for my 96? And about how much would it cost for the whole engine swap? Please help! Thanks,

Socal
you should be able to pick up a low mile 2001+ 3.8L for $400+-. you'll need a PATS reprogram, and a programmer ($400), install vaqries by region, so check out local garages. If there's a NAPA, you might be able to install a 2001+ for a very reasonable price. It will be the cheapest 50 hp, in the long run, since anything you do wil lget you more power than working with the pre-99s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.