Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

I am looking to purchase the rear black out panel between the taillights and want to know which ones are the best and where to buy.

I have been reading on them and have heard some bad things on the stick on ones. So any advice would be much appreciated.

I am also looking to do either the hood spears on the strip on the raised part of the hood only. Looking to do it in a flat black and looking for bestquality and where to buy it from.

I am in So. California in the Riverside area, so if anyone knows of a shop that can install the hood stripe please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hey all:

I am looking to purchase the rear black out panel between the taillights and want to know which ones are the best and where to buy.

I have been reading on them and have heard some bad things on the stick on ones. So any advice would be much appreciated.

I am also looking to do either the hood spears on the strip on the raised part of the hood only. Looking to do it in a flat black and looking for bestquality and where to buy it from.

I am in So. California in the Riverside area, so if anyone knows of a shop that can install the hood stripe please let me know.

Thanks
I have the magnetic rear black out panel and it looks great on, can't really tell it's not factory but the instructions when you first get it say to clean it on a weekly basis which could be annoying, but many say you don't really have to do that. I know that MANY forum members have it on and I haven't seen one person claim any issues yet. Mine is currently stuck to my fridge... literally.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got hood spears for and magnetic blackout from ebay. The hood spears are pretty good and easy to install, but not crazy about the magnetic blackout panel. The fit around the center cap is not a perfect fit, nor is the area around the top corners of the tail lights. It gives you a good preview for how it would look with a "real" blackout, but probably gonna throw it out after a few months. But, even with a stick on, I would imagine that it would be tough to install and get it on perfectly. I might just do without the blackout in the end.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My magnetic blackout panel fits perfectly around the gas cap. Just keep a little wax on it and the car and it slides around easily allowing you to line it up right. No issues whatsoever with mine and looks real good.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
My magnetic panel is pretty decent but not a 100% perfect fit. It's perfect around the Faux Gas Cap but it's off by about 1/4" around the edges. I keep it on for now because it does look good, but eventually I'll go with a permanent panel. Here's a decent one:

Amazon.com: 3dCarbon 2010-2011 Mustang Blackout Panel (painted: Black - matt - Lower 2-Tone - M6388G): Automotive

And one that eliminates the Faux Gas Cap:

http://www.stage3offroad.com/c=T7Oa...ang-Trufiber-Carbon-Fiber-Blackout-Panel.html

There are other varieties out there. Check out American Muscle, Steeda, Roush, Silverhorse Racing. There are lots of others but they're all pretty similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts