Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first mustang and I have some questions concerning the horsepower, and some other things that have been done to my engine. I know for sure that it has a trickflow intake, aluminum heads, cold air intake w/ mass air flow sensor, 70 mm throttle body w/ spacer, 4:10 gears, racing clutch, racing cams, bbk headers, and flow master x pipe exsuast system, and a pully system. As far as smaller things done I am not sure. I have not had it dynoed, or on the track. If anybody could give me some sort of clue as to what kind of horsepower I may be making please let me know. Any help would be great, and if not I will be posting pictures soon, you have to check it out. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Welcome!

I dunno, but it sounds like that car oughtta be making some power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, i know thats a hard question to answer but maybe somebody knows better than me and could give some number thats sounds right. The guy I bought it off of said close to 400 or 410 . But is that posible without forced induction . He stripped the motor down to block and rebuilt it all performance parts. All racing suspension, swaybar , fuzion ZR1 tires, msd components. I'm just not to familiar with this performance world . But i love it ! It's a beast.

·
Registered
721 Posts
There's no way its putting down 400-410 . . . certainly not at the wheels. You might be somewhere in the high 200s . . around 300 tops if its really tuned right and the combo is working perfectly. My advice . . forced induction . . it works. :winks

Automatic or 5 speed???? That makes a difference too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.