Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about adding a set of aerocatch hood latches to my 2010 GT. wondering if anyone out there is using them and has pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Light weight carbon fiber hood and wanted to make sure it wouldn't lift off, which is pretty unlikely with those vents but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they fairly easy to install?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The two middle ones were fair the end ones were hard.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only plan on putting the two middles ones so I guess thats good news :) thanks

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Can you guys post where would u guys get it and also where you bought the hood for that gray 2010.
I bought the Aerocatch on eBay and the hood from Rehagen racing it is a Tiger Racing hood for the 302s program.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I was thinking about adding a set of aerocatch hood latches to my 2010 GT. wondering if anyone out there is using them and has pics.
Took me about 5 hours to install the outer 2. There is a forum (think it's mustangsource with a good writeup) to help, but the install doesn't address one important flaw int the mounting on our frame - the tubular frame it bolts to.

You will be cutting a chunk of the rubber off the stud, so use that chunk to wedge between the tube frame so you are neither compromising the tensional strength of your frame nor have a chance for structural failure for holding your hood down. I spent a lot of time making a few different kinds of spacers, and this idea worked by far the best.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
491 Posts
Old post I know but does anyone know what kind of chin spoiler that car has in the picture?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts