Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering using an Aeromotive fuel filter instead of a stock replacement. Whipple recommends changing these around 15000 miles. Does anyone know how much better an Aeromotive filter with a 10 micron filter is over stock?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I have one of those. I don't know the exact specs but it will allow a much greater volume of gas to pass. It's also cleanable, meaning reusable. It looks pretty cool too, although I've hidden mine in the stock loction. The guys at MMR use it on their 2000 HP Mustang so I think it will be good enough for us.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Sorry, I meant replaceable, not cleanable. Although I suppose you could clean it.

This monster can handle 3000 HP. I won't ever have to buy a fuel filter again, just the replacement cartridges. But most importantly I won't have to worry about my fuel filter being a choke point in the fuel system like the stocker would be once you get into high HP land.

Aeromotive Inc.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
So what model and does it use the quick connect fittings or do you need to change the fuel lines?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
So what model and does it use the quick connect fittings or do you need to change the fuel lines?
Mine is the model of the link above. It came with my MMR fuel system. It does not come with quick connect, or any other type of connector, so you have to get those.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The 100 micron filter (which would replace our stock one between the tank and pump) costs $112. Ouch. It is pretty though. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The model I am looking at is 12301. It is designed for placement after the fuel pump. I will need two quick connect to AN-10 adapters, 15104. It should cost about $165 total, but I buy the best oil, oil filters, air filter, gas, brakes, etc.. (you get the point). Why get cheap now with the fuel filter?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.