Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told the other day that certain year Ford Aerostar's came with a aluminum driveshaft that was a direct replacement in a 87-93 Stang. Anyone else heard this or can confirm it?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
That's something I haven't ever heard of. If it does work, that'd be a great thing to let be known with as many of those ugly things in salvage yards.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
that would be nice to find out. about 100 of those things sitting at the local pull-a-part

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Yeah, my area too. Go out there, get em all, and swap meet here I'sa come...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Early 90's AWD Aerostar. He claims that is what he has in his car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
can someone call the dealership and find this out..sooo many junk yards around here and eagle has a great idea.. could wind up paying for all of our upgrades..haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
Heres some good infomation.

Aluminum driveshaft from AeroStar:
It needs to be from a 92-93-94 Aerostar AWD and you will need u-joint part #353 from NAPA. It is supposed to be a bolt up once the U joints are replaced.

·
Registered
842 Posts

It needs to be from a 92-93-94 Aerostar AWD and you will need u-joint part #353 from NAPA. It is supposed to be a bolt up once the U joints are replaced.
Nice...:) Junk yard here I commmmeeeeeeee!!!!!!...lol:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
103 Posts
not if i get to them all first joey!!!!!!!! hahaha.. lets make some money at the swap meet..haha:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
471 Posts

This is correct. I scored one for $60 from the local wreckers. It was a brand spankin' new Ford service replacement 'shaft, when the van was wrecked.

Along with the U-joints, you will need to re-use the Mustang yoke.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Very interesting......

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hey... you guys stay up there in Joisey, I get the ones down here... :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
so they fit? but hey they might be alum but are they strong enough to hold the 5.0 power and torque?

·
Registered
149 Posts
so they fit? but hey they might be alum but are they strong enough to hold the 5.0 power and torque?
Way more than enough' i belive that there just as strong if not stronger than the stock shaft.

I was at the wreakers the other night and saw an AWD areostar' i got under there and tried to get it off but it seemed that those bolts were welded on there on and not comming off so it stayed there.

·
Registered
842 Posts
not if i get to them all first joey!!!!!!!! hahaha.. lets make some money at the swap meet..haha:bigthumbsup
Yo Tom, thats not a bad idea..;) Wait for a Stang race at Atco...:gringreen

Way more than enough' i belive that there just as strong if not stronger than the stock shaft.

I was at the wreakers the other night and saw an AWD areostar' i got under there and tried to get it off but it seemed that those bolts were welded on there on and not comming off so it stayed there.
Yea drive shafts are a PITA the first time off, not sure, but it seems like they use lock-tite or something. I always double up on the wrench for mechanical advantage if you know what i mean

·
Registered
941 Posts
Oh snap jy here dady comes hahaha i need a new one anyway Awesome post!!!

Yea drive shafts are a PITA the first time off, not sure, but it seems like they use lock-tite or something. I always double up on the wrench for mechanical advantage if you know what i mean

A metal bar to slid on your wrench is your best friend leverage baby! they either come off or brake ha ha ha

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Yup, so what if they break? It'll come off then.

That was funny... half the money is his... :hihi:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yup, so what if they break? It'll come off then.

That was funny... half the money is his... :hihi:

just the bolt as long as you only break them on the car your getting it from your good lol the head of the bolt break's and you slide out the shaft use some penetration oil mine cam undone fine

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.