Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you guys think are the better all round heads?

I know with the afr's it mentions you need hardened pushrods, anything else? The engine itself is stock. Any PtV clearance issues? Would a MAF upgrade be mandatory? Mines an 88 (non cali). The same qu's for the twisted wedge heads. Although I believe the design of the TW heads is such that it solves any PtV clearance issues? I'm still learning here so correct me if I'm wrong.

With the twisted wedge I would go with the street heat intake. What about the afr's? I've heard the GT40 intake is a good combo with these heads? Plus, I like the look of the blowzilla supercharger (which would be way down the line) and it fits directly onto the lower GT40 intake, whereas with the street heat I would have to go with a different supercharger or lose the upper of a much more expensive intake.

Lots of qu's, I know. But you dont learn if you dont ask right? :)

This is purely a street car if that helps with any advice you may be willing to share.

thanks in advance.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
either of those heads are excellent, I'd recommend a MAF conversion and a "Trick Flow Top End Kit' of heads, intake and cam...all matched. A great car is much more than a motor, so plan accordingly

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Would I need to buy anything else with that kit? Injectors, fuel pump, afpr. Or is it completely bolt on and go? I will already have 70mm TB, headers and H-pipe. Is it a 70mm intake opening?

also, what kind of HP are people getting with this set up on a 302? I noticed the tests are done on a 306.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Definitely will want injectors and fuel pump.....I think that test was done with 24# injectors. Might need a tune, but it should run pretty decent without one if you stay with 19 or 24s.

I haven't dyno'd yet so I have no idea the output....sorry.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hell yea dude! I also did a cam, so lil different than what you're doing but HUGE difference.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good. Will be a while before I get the cash (or at least the permission to spend it. Lol) for the big mods. Got a few small parts coming in around 6 weeks time. TB, headers, h-pipe, some ignition stuff and chassis strengthening gear. Will see how I get on with that first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts