Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i understand that the 96+ cobras have after cat o2 sensors. ive heard about the mil eliminators and a way to wire the harness yourself. my question is that most of the off road x pipes ive looked at dont look like they have the bungs on place to screw the sensor into. is there s place there to put them in or do you just zip tie the sensor under the car? thanks

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
you need to have the 02 sensors hooked up and working otherwise the computer will run open loop and you'll get really bad gas milage, if there are no holes you should cut and tap them to accept the sensors.

·
Registered
490 Posts
you need to have the 02 sensors hooked up and working otherwise the computer will run open loop and you'll get really bad gas milage, if there are no holes you should cut and tap them to accept the sensors.

accualy.. i guess im not 100% as i dont remember :p, but the down stream O2 sensor wont cause open loop! its the upstreams that do, the down streams just monitor if the cat is working properly basicly... measures the o2,fuel vapor, and temp diffrence from upstream(b4 cat) and after cat..

again im not 100% sure.. but im pretty sure...

·
Registered
14 Posts
regardless if it loops or not, it'll throw a CE light. And who knows what the sensor is reading... better to tap and plug in the 02 sensor

·
Registered
490 Posts
ya true. but im 98% sure ours only detects if the cat is working properly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts