Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just curious on what I should get next.

Automatic
3.9l

Flowmasters with a h pipe
Custom made cai

·
Registered
268 Posts
underdrive pulleys, port and polish yer heads, lighter valves/sodium exhaust valves, idk where to find any intake manifolds but if you can get your car breathing better and keep yer exhaust vacuum efficient you'll be doin pretty good for an na car. then get a turbo, bigger injectors and pump. get high quality spark plug wires too. idk what they are called but the amps are larger in these so your spark will ignite hotter and burn all that fuel.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Next step

I asked around and gears and Tloc would be next. I'm one step behind you and will be adding true duals next and then gears and Tloc. Keep asking. You'll be able to get a good game plan from some of the experienced members. I've asked in triplicate and gotten consistent answers. I've got the same 3.9L 2004 as you do. Curious as to how it ends up for you.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweeet guys, i think im getting the tubner then gears and tlock. sprl what kinda exaust you getting and what kinda pipes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
are gears really that important in the beggining? cuz i mean if your getting gears that will make your stock speed faster that means yer making your top speed lower. everything i stated before the turbo will add alot of hp for under $800 plus with that tuner you can imagine what yer torque curve would look like on stock gears. t loks are deff important tho. one wheel shoots make yer stang very slow..

what gears are you guys talking about for him to buy and how much are they?? cuz 4.10's are deff the way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What kind of exhaust and pipes

sweeet guys, i think im getting the tubner then gears and tlock. sprl what kinda exaust you getting and what kinda pipes.
I'm still choosing. I'm leaning to true duals directly back from the cats and then going with Flowmaster 40's and 2.5" tips. I have heard the h-pipe might be the better route in the long run. I know I don't want the ricey sound from the x-pipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.