Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my clutch went out on me and I dont want to deal with the stealership. I dont want to deal with them because they told me they could check it and if there is a defective part they can possibly replace it but if its just excessive wear then they are going to charge me $600 just to check it for labor thats insane. The parts would cost around $1200 for the flywheel and $600 for the clutch so I would rather invest in a Performance clutch. I dont know if the flywheel is warped but I am assuming it is and since its the dual mass flywheel it can be resurfaced. I know ACT has a clutch kit out but i dont see a flywheel on there website and Spec is releasing one soon they said it would be a couple weeks before the flywheel comes out the thing is my car is a daily driver and i need it fixed asap any one have any other solutions for me or know of any other clutch kits out?

B

·
0 Posts
Other than OEM, we are all waiting for the alternatives to hit the market. I'm saving for a spec basic level kit, it should meet all my current and future needs. Mine's a DD too.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
When you say the clutch "went out", what exactly are you referring to?

How many miles on it?

Still under warranty I would be letting the dealer fix it unless you just burned the clutch up either by racing it a bunch or by abusing it with incorrect operation on the street.

There have been quite a few clutches improperly installed at the factory and there is a TSB out on it for bolts backing out on the pressure plate.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say the clutch "went out", what exactly are you referring to?

How many miles on it?

Still under warranty I would be letting the dealer fix it unless you just burned the clutch up either by racing it a bunch or by abusing it with incorrect operation on the street.

There have been quite a few clutches improperly installed at the factory and there is a TSB out on it for bolts backing out on the pressure plate.
I was on the freeway and was trying to switch gears when i pushed the clutch in the pedal felt like it went limp and i couldnt put the car into gear i was right next to a off ramp so i rolled down and had it towed home. At home i tried it again the pedal feels all loose and close to the floor but it went into gear and i was able to get it into gear and shift and made it to the dealer. Rep told me there was issues with some of the clutches but he told me that if he checked and it was just excessive wear he would charge me $600 just for the labor of taking it apart to check. I dont know what to do Ive never taken my car to the track I dont burn out but i Have gotten into it on the street here and there and i dont want to throw away $600 just to have the stealership check.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I was on the freeway and was trying to switch gears when i pushed the clutch in the pedal felt like it went limp and i couldnt put the car into gear i was right next to a off ramp so i rolled down and had it towed home. At home i tried it again the pedal feels all loose and close to the floor but it went into gear and i was able to get it into gear and shift and made it to the dealer. Rep told me there was issues with some of the clutches but he told me that if he checked and it was just excessive wear he would charge me $600 just for the labor of taking it apart to check. I dont know what to do Ive never taken my car to the track I dont burn out but i Have gotten into it on the street here and there and i dont want to throw away $600 just to have the stealership check.
That sounds just like the problems the guys with the loose pressure plate bolts are having.

It IS NOT a wear issue by your description.

Were it mine, I would take it to the dealer for warranty.

Actually, by your description, it probably should be towed in.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response

That sounds just like the problems the guys with the loose pressure plate bolts are having.

It IS NOT a wear issue by your description.

Were it mine, I would take it to the dealer for warranty.

Actually, by your description, it probably should be towed in.
Ill take it in but i am going to talk to ford cust service or the rep here on the forums because the guy at the dealership is a @$$ i also had a issue with one of the shifter bracket bolts breaking off and since i didnt want him looking at the clutch he told me to fix the bracket myself at the same time and i told him no i know thats covered so please fix it and he told me to fix it myself because i am wasting his time and money on a rental car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
North county Ford told you this?

Rick

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Ill take it in but i am going to talk to ford cust service or the rep here on the forums because the guy at the dealership is a @$$ i also had a issue with one of the shifter bracket bolts breaking off and since i didnt want him looking at the clutch he told me to fix the bracket myself at the same time and i told him no i know thats covered so please fix it and he told me to fix it myself because i am wasting his time and money on a rental car.
Go to a different dealer. You don't have to use the dealer where you bought it for service and warranty work, any dealer can do it.

This guy sounds like a real pud and I would never take anything to him.

F

·
0 Posts
Hi spitfire760,

You can always bring your vehicle in to a different Ford dealer for service. Also, if you already have a case open, please continue to work with the Customer Service Manager assigned to your case. If not, please message me with your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer so I can escalate this for you.

Deysha

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi spitfire760,

You can always bring your vehicle in to a different Ford dealer for service. Also, if you already have a case open, please continue to work with the Customer Service Manager assigned to your case. If not, please message me with your VIN, mileage, contact info, and dealer so I can escalate this for you.

Deysha
Thank you PM sent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts