Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an aftermarket shifter for the automatic transmission? The production one is worthless for racing. There are no positive stops which makes running in anything but drive impossible. Before the manual transmission guys chime in I have one of those too. But I get faster times and better traction with the auto. There is a car in one of the mags with a B&M Ripper shifter but it doesn't say if it was a direct bolt in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
good thread i was also wondering about this! how is your grip with those tires you put on i am in the processes of buying new tires and i am going to supercharge with kenne bell as soon as i find someone who can install well and tune around me! i have seen your type of tires popping up everywere but no one says how they grip thanks for the info

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Johnstone610 said:
good thread i was also wondering about this! how is your grip with those tires you put on i am in the processes of buying new tires and i am going to supercharge with kenne bell as soon as i find someone who can install well and tune around me! i have seen your type of tires popping up everywere but no one says how they grip thanks for the info
I like the tires for running the twisties but I have trouble hooking them up at the strip. It could be the track, which is just a stadium parking lot, or it could be the heavy footed driver. They are wear rated 260 and they are holding up well. I've taken mountain road curves with .75 showing on the G meter with no tire squeal.

·
Registered
333 Posts
well guys I can tell yo first hand we are going to be getting an auto into the shop to prototype a shifter for it in the next couple days. the ripper is NOT a bolt in application and was modified extensively to make work.B&M will hopefully have a shifter for the auto soon and I will be happy to offer a GB for those members interested once it is avail..>

·
Registered
145 Posts
sub that sounds awesome is there anyway we can keep in contact with yo about it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
+1 Intrested!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Count me in. Oh - that's right - I brought the subject up :eyepoppin

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can count me in also.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for the interest guys. Our plan as of right now is to have one of the members of another forum (dino)from TMS aka GTXbuilder from modularfords drop his car off next week so we can begin the process of getting one developed. I cannot say yet if we will offer a :ratchet stlye, gate or other type of shifter at this point until we get the vehicle in here and determine what we can do. What I will offer you is this: Anyone who wants to get on the list for the first ones avail send me a PM and I will extend to you and extra discounted price for what they will normally sell for once avail...If one of you would like to post this link over on the other forums as well that too would be fine and I may throw in a little somethin' "extra" for you :winks

Chris

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a spare vert if you need another tester :eyepoppin

·
Registered
76 Posts
count me in, make it look good thou!:eyepoppin

·
Registered
333 Posts
thanks all. We did get a vehicle in here and will have a meeting on the direction we will go Wednesday. I will update then on an approx. timeline when we think this may be ready etc...

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Auot shifter

I am definetely down with the whole idea. Please keep me posted!!!!!:eyepoppin

05' Sonic Blue Vert, Auto, Eibachs, SLP, C&L/Diablo Tune, 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
333 Posts
we had our engineering meeting today regarding the shifter. Looks like we will move forward with the idea. :eyepoppin We may look into producing a shifter similar to our Quicksilver ratchet shifter with a couple different Ball/handle options. Line lock incorporated as well !. We are running some costing #'s now and I will update continually as things go..>Chris

·
Registered
333 Posts
WE have ordered some parts to build the prototype and are pretty certain we will go with the quicksilver type design with a few "beauty" pieces incorporated into it as well. I have been out traveling the last few days so I have been out of the loop, but I will check on the latest news and give you all some updated info

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very interested. Keep me informed please. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts