Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a set Professional Products fuel rails and regulater, after putting everything together I had fuel leaks every where. I used Russell fittings and braided lines. But everywhere I put it together leaked, After taking them out 4 times to torque them down some more they still leaked, Anyone else had this problem. I ended up using JB weld around the fittings to just seal it off so I can get it to the dyno. I will worry about getting another set of rails and regulater another day.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
probably a stupid question, but were you using thread sealant? I prefer the liquid over the tape nowadays, but either should have worked fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no

When I ordered all of my fittings to go with the rails and regulater I asked that question,,,, What type of sealent do I need for the threads and I was told not to put anything at all on them, this is my first rodeo with aftermarket rails so I took the advice,, I wont bash the company that told me that though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seal

When I asked for something to seal it up I was told to definatly not use tape, so I asked for something else but,,,,,,,,,, like I said I was told that it was best to not use anything on fuel fittings.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
you shouldnt need any sealant. The adapters have rubbers already in and around them. Id first suggest being very very carefull with this. especially with sparks and everything. make sure nothing falls in anywhere around the coils.. Make sure your running 42ish fuel psi.. might have a faulty regulator or have it turned up or somthing telling it to give you insane fuel pressure. totally stupid comment. but it could happen

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Why did you upgrade your fuel rails? The stock rails are good to at least 400 whp. I am running 9# of boost (11-12# at redline) and have never had fuel issues. :headscratch:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rails

I was told that I needed a boost specific fuel pressure regulater,,, and with the stock rails you cant add a aftermarket reg..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

None of the fittings that I bought have rubbers around them. And my coils are located on the front of the motor???? I think you maybe talking about a 99 up car.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
still. be very carefull with fire prevention. yours dont have the rubbers? do they fit snug? if they do any they still leak. use some of that gasket sealer. not the tape. the one you squeeze on outa the tube. just some around the threads. then tighten down to specs. then turn the car to ACC about 3 times to build pressure. and if theres no leaks. make sure your running about 42psi...
any fuel system builds i suggest aeroquip fuel plumbing supplies.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aero

Yea, they dont leak now, I used good ol JB weld around all the threads on the outside, and doesnt look as bad as that sounds either. I dont want to leave it like this though, but it will get it to the dyno.

All the threads were good, no cross threading or anything, just couldnt keep them from leaking. I am looking at the Aeromotive stuff now, just a little high dollar. But I know you get what you pay for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.