Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket intake manifolds, preferably an all metal or aluminum one, for a 1999 gt? also, has anyone else seen or heard about this...
HTML:
http://fordmanifoldsettlement.com/index.html

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah some of the guys around here with those models have had theirs replaced by Ford. As for replacements, you're looking at a Reichart racing manifold, P-51 manifold or a Bullitt OEM manifold.

·
Registered
179 Posts
so if it hasn't cracked YET then i don't get it replaced for free if it doesn't crack by a certain date...?

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks like a nice easy swap, but damn, $600 just for the intake?

·
Registered
393 Posts
manifold

Expensive? Price a Bullit manifold! :eyebulge:

·
Registered
162 Posts
David L Gary said:
Expensive? Price a Bullit manifold! :eyebulge:
Yeah I know the bullit manifold is like $1200 but its got all kinds of different $hit. I think the manifold itself is only like $500 isnt it? Its just all the rest of the **** you're gonna need to do the swap is what racks the price up.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Also...

You can spend even more with an SVO intake, or the new Sullivan job ($1500+).

Unless we get some new heads, this is mostly a waste of time.

Finding a bullit cheap in a junkyard (good luck).

tripleblack

·
Registered
393 Posts
Manifolds

:)
I have watched closely with lots of interest on these aftermarket manifolds, and am convinced that up to 6000 rpms or so, there is not a lot to be gained with an intake manifold.
For the money involved, there are lots of better alternatives. The all aluminum stock style seems like a good move for nitrous users or supercharged ones, but strickly for durability.
:happyhapp
:sterb:

·
Registered
162 Posts
David L Gary said:
I have watched closely with lots of interest on these aftermarket manifolds, and am convinced that up to 6000 rpms or so, there is not a lot to be gained with an intake manifold.
For the money involved, there are lots of better alternatives. The all aluminum stock style seems like a good move for nitrous users or supercharged ones, but strickly for durability.
That would be my only reasoning behind it, just for the sake that I dont have to worry about blowing up a plastic intake.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
David L Gary said:
There is tons of power to be gained by aftermarket intake manifolds. The reason you don't see gains past 6K is because no one has the cams to take advantage of the extra breathing. I don't car what mod you do to an engine; if you still have stock cams, it isn't going to make much power past 6K.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bringing up an old thread but I just installed an SVO intake on my '99 PI head GT. From what I have read the SVO flows 5% more than a stock manifold from 2000rpmand up to 5000 and then it increases to 9% by 6200rpm. I have cams but I believe they are too big, .495" lift and 230* duration both in and out.
I still have to install my 3200-3400 DD converter and get a DYNO tune before I give up an the cams and then what intake duration would I want to take advantage from 2000rpm's and up at WOT? Now it bogs until over 3000rpm's at WOT. Im was thinking something like Crowers 220*.24* cams with .532" lift. Anyone? Suggestions, opinions?
I have 4.10's, the intake, cams and UDP's. THX!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yeah, old thread but good info.

I'm going with a Trick Flow Track Heat because it's safer with nitrous. PI intakes flow fine, but can't handle nitrous well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you know the SVO is aluminum? I wish somebody could post a pic here for me. I use webtv and am quite computer ilitterte! If somebody is capable and will allow me to send them an email with a pic so they could post it in this thread I would appreciate it very much! THX!
If you are willing send me a PM with your email or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
The latest issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords has a big write-up on intakes. They tested the newest TFS model and many others. They again confirmed what most of know...not much gain unless using some type of FI/heads/cams. Also, aluminum holds more heat than plastic. I'm not shooting down the whole idea of an intake swap because there are benefits to some applications. If you're still N/A, spend your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I already have the intake installed. What I would like now is someone kind enough to post a pic of it in this tread. How about you? I can email you the link and if you are capable you can post it here? Please and thanks! I like taking a different road. Since I have a 2v it is either a blower or mega bucks in a forged monster. Can somebody post the pic for me? I also used this intake to do the coolant mod which will cut back on the propensity for those last 2 cylinders to knock. THX again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.